X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    We ended up having doro wat with lentils yesterday. Somebody came round with a bag full of yogurts, so I had to cook up a whole load of chicken for the freezer to make space for them. Bream today. Plus the ginger bread and butter pud.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Sunday will be left overs of tonight’s supper.
    Might make a trifle for pud.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle, bol, garlic bread, pesto and parmesan.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I've just made some pastry, so tonight is going to be chicken and mushroom pie, mashed potatoes, carrots, runner beans and gravy. Proper comfort food.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Great ideas. Especially the marmalade. Ginger and orange are a great combination. Full steam ahead, then, on that! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Just an idea. When I make bread and butter pudding after buttering the bread I always give it a good dollop of home made marmalade too. I find it helps keep it nice and moist.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Lamb and bean casserole using defrosted nettle soup as a stock to cook it in.

I like the idea of gingerbread and butter pudding Snoop.
    Could you use oranges as the fruit?

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Sea bream with salad and julienne potato cake (we ended up having the bass with flageolets, leeks, courgettes and toms).

Also, and this is a bit weird, I'm going to try making a bread and butter pudding with ginger loaf. It came out very dry for some reason and needs a bit of a helping hand.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Scallops and spinach in a spicy creamy sauce with pasta.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Lightly cooked lambs liver and onions in sourdough wraps with lettuce, fresh toms and sweet pepper.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    The fishmongers at the supermarket had absolutely no customers ahead of me. A first. So sea bass with salad and julien potato cake.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Pasta bake I think tonight, garlic bread and salad. Hopefully a few Padron peppers waiting to be picked to go with it.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Fish fingers, chips and peas... our shop has been delayed so its a case of what do we have in the freezer!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Mackerel, Charlottes and salad.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Chicken in black bean sauce last night with assorted stir-fried veg and noodles.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X