X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Didn't have more pork yesterday. The packet of meat for the boeuf bourguignon turned out to be four steaks, thin ones but good. So two for last night, two for the freezer. With chips and salad. Rose de Berne tomatoes. Delicious.

So, pork and cabbage today. With Yorkshire puds, as per request. Last of the custards for pud.

Edited: no cabbage but traybake veg. There's a whopper beetroot by the look of it and I shall lift it to take a picture for the show before roasting it.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 28-09-2021, 09:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Bacon, egg, tomato and fried bread. Leftover lemon meringue pie from yesterday to follow.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Chilli con carne with rice.
    Followed by a strawberry tart.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Rather overdid the cooking yesterday... Added custards to the list and made two pains de mie.

Today, pork leftovers with more cabbage. Mr Snoop wants Yorkshire puds again. So essentially a re-run. Phew.

Plus boeuf bourguignon (in the pressure cooker, so not a massive undertaking) for the freezer using some short-dated meat Mr Snoop found this morning at the shops. Looks like Monday is the day to go shopping for short-dated stuff. He also bought some steaks half price, to be used by Wednesday. Looks like the vegetarian options are off the menu for the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Tuna pasta bake with added courgettes

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Black pudding sausages with eggs, chips and a bit of bread. a nice simple monday night tea!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Lamb bhuna and a runner bean curry with rice, sourdough naans, yoghurt dip and Indian apple chutney.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Peteyd…I’ve been thinking about your cancelled meal - you’d have thought they’d have offered a simple takeaway for the price they charged you!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    We had a massive fry up for breakfast, so it’s going to be something light this evening.
    Avacado, tomato, egg and cucumber salad with bread and butter
    Followed by melon

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Yesterday was a bit of a 'let them eat cake' kind of day... Disgraceful.

Pork and red cabbage with Yorkshire puds today.

Plus pain de mie and a ginger cake for a gift.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Lunchtime lotty snack - BLT sarnies (bacon cooked in the shed and freshly picked salad)

Tonight - smoked mackerel risotto

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Peteyd, really sorry that you lost your money but obviously your son is the most important thing.
    Already got tomorrow's dinner half sorted as I have invited one of my husband's "old" friends (age 94). I asked him if there was anything he didn't like. NOTHING! Just what I want to hear. We'll be having prawn and courgette risotto (which my husband has been raving about to him) followed by lemon meringue pie and cream. I really hope it works out well.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle and bol.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Green Thai curry using turkey.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    We had to give our meal out a miss as our son wasn't very well. we were about to walk into the restaurant when we had a call from the babysitter. we still got charged £50 as a no show though!

Ended up having a cheese and beetroot sandwich instead

Tonight however is a different night! we are gong to have chinese tonight instead.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X