X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenishfing
    replied
    Tonight prawn and courgette risotto with a salad.
    Last of the trifle.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Finishing off the pork by adding mushrooms and broccoli in a creamy sauce rolled over pasta.
    Side salad of oak leaf lettuce and toms and our cucumber

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Got loads of secondary broccoli shoots to use. Soup? Or sauce for gnocchi sardi? Or both? One for lunch and the other for supper?
    Leftover crumble for pud.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Tuna pasta bake with a slice of sourdough.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Mushroom and Crim de Rapa Gnocchi

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Urmmmmm…excuse me!

I’ve just got the dish of leftovers out from yesterday to see if anything else needs adding for tonight and you’d never guess……the rest of the crackling has gone
    Looks like the ‘boys’ finished it off AFTER their pudding

And when I say ‘boys’ I mean mature men
    They knew what they were doing…..the things peeps think they can get away with when it’s their birthday eh?
    They can do it even when it is not their birthday if crackling is involved.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^Tsssk, indeed. Either that, or the smiles snaffled it.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Urmmmmm…excuse me!

I’ve just got the dish of leftovers out from yesterday to see if anything else needs adding for tonight and you’d never guess……the rest of the crackling has gone
    Looks like the ‘boys’ finished it off AFTER their pudding

And when I say ‘boys’ I mean mature men
    They knew what they were doing…..the things peeps think they can get away with when it’s their birthday eh?
    Last edited by Nicos; 11-10-2021, 12:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Tonight I'm going to make some tagliatelle with bacon, courgette, mushroom, sweetcorn, olives and whatever else is lurking in the bottom of the fridge in a creamy, white sauce with parmesan. Green salad on the side.
    Leftover raspberry trifle for pudding.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    The Barbari bread I made yesterday was delicious, so we had it with hummus. So, leek soup and apple crumble tonight instead.

I've made Barbari bread before, but made it using this recipe this time: https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/rec...atbread-recipe

I might cut down on the yeast a bit next time, but it gets the big thumbs up from me.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Mackerel, charlottes with a garden salad this evening.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Haloumi and pepper wraps for us tonight

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Rack of lamb, roast potatoes, red cabbage, carrots no beetroot.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Joint Birthday bash with friends- special request of roast pork with crackling and roast spuds, Peas, carrots,leek sauce, stewed apples, stuffing and cauli cheese and of course gravy
    Followed by blueberry tart and vanilla ice cream

Guess what we’re having tomorrow?….yup leftovers!

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I got bogged down in the kitchen earlier as we've got a guest tonight and I thought oh I'll just make the pastry and put it to rest and then decided to cook the meat in the slow cooker. All this ready to put it together and make a meat pie later. I think I'm doing mashed potatoes, carrots, French beans and cabbage with gravy.
    Then I was pondering about a pudding. In the end the last of the birthday cake went in the bottom of a dish with a glug of booze, then the raspberries I picked yesterday. I've made custard and put it on top, just got to whip some cream to top it off and we've got trifle. Maybe flaked almonds or chocolate curls to decorate.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X