Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision made. Just going to make pastry for Cornish pasty. We'll have it with mashed potato, carrot, french beans and gravy.

Comment

• GF, do you put swede in your pasties? Mr Snoop doesn't like swede, but I like pasties. I've often wondered about just leaving it out and putting in a bit of carrot instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        GF, do you put swede in your pasties? Mr Snoop doesn't like swede, but I like pasties. I've often wondered about just leaving it out and putting in a bit of carrot instead.
        Mine just include beef, onion and potatoes, nothing else. Ancient Be-ro recipe. The first time I made it I loved it so I just stay with it.

Comment

• Perfect. I'll leave it out, then.

Just bought the first block of lard I've ever purchased in my life. Pastry here I come...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            Perfect. I'll leave it out, then.

Just bought the first block of lard I've ever purchased in my life. Pastry here I come...
            Actually I don't use lard in my pastry. I used to make borderline awful pastry until I made it in the food processor and used this recipe:
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              Mine just include beef, onion and potatoes, nothing else. Ancient Be-ro recipe. The first time I made it I loved it so I just stay with it.
              GF I use the same recipe it turns out perfect.

Here's a link to the Be-ro site where you can download recipes as a pdf.

https://www.be-ro.co.uk

Cornish pasties are on page 52
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 21-09-2021, 07:15 PM.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• King prawn risotto
                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                - Henry Beard

Comment

• I think tonight will be Chicken Cacciatore with either rice or garlic bread and an avocado and rocket salad.

Comment

• Lots of salad stuff in the house, but we need hot food today. Cheese and potato pies with red cabbage sounds a bit weird as a combination but Mr Snoop doesn't tend to complain about that kind of thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

GF I use the same recipe it turns out perfect.

Here's a link to the Be-ro site where you can download recipes as a pdf.

https://www.be-ro.co.uk

Cornish pasties are on page 52
                      Thanks, GF. And thanks, Bren.

Comment

• Tumble salad with Parma Ham , avacado, our eggs, our cucumber, toms, our lettuce, and lambs lettuce
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Briam this evening with mackerel.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Courgette fritters and salad.

Comment

• Butternut squash and lentil dal
                              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                              - Henry Beard

Comment

• Globe artichoke followed by lamb chops, mashed puds and broccoli
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X