Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I let my husband decide what we were having tonight. His choice was king drawn curry and naan bread ( no surprise).
    I decided to surprise him with pudding......must have got the idea from somewhere......Lemon meringue pie.....another of his favourites.
    I am now immovable!

Comment

• Lunch: hummus and salad, watermelon granita
      Supper: hake and veg

Chicken and apricot tagine for tomorrow plus sourdough loaf and rondos I didn't make yesterday (though I did make the olive oil bread and flapjacks).

Comment

• Lunch will be the first cob of sweet corn

Comment

• Originally posted by MelanieSW View Post
          Lunch will be the first cob of sweet corn
          Wow, that's early, mine are nowhere near yet. Well done you

Yesterday, lunch borlotti hummus and crackers (that's the last of last year's borlottis). Evening, veggie curry, lentil dhal, shredded radicchio and chapattis.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post

Wow, that's early, mine are nowhere near yet. Well done you
            I was so lucky to get away with it! Sowed in modules far too early by mistake; when they were getting too big for the window sill they had to go out over a month earlier than usual. When the cold frame eventually came off they were huge and had such a headstart.

Comment

• OK Snoop... you had me at 'tagine'

just found a couple of recipes for chicken apricot almond and chickpea tagine.
              Will do a sort of mixture of both ....mmmm.....

Fresh peaches for pud.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Tuna steaks marinated in soy sauce, ginger, garlic and last years frozen chilli with pasta and frozen green beans and telephone peas.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Daughter is cooking up a stir-fry.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Salmon baked with lemon and capers, potato gratin, carrots, peas and cucumber in rosemarie sauce. The cucumber was grown by another allotmenteer and thinly sliced on the mandolin and the rose marie sauce was leftover from the prawn salad 2 days ago.
                    There is lemon meringue pie left over from yesterday but neither of us hove got room for it yet.

Comment

• Yesterday didn't go according to plan. D had a fall and needed cheering up, so we had the tagine yesterday instead of today. Flapjack with Greek yogurt and a swirl of Golden Syrup for an improvised pud. Good enough to have on another occasion though.
                      So today:

Lunch: Niçoise salad.
                      Supper. fish and veg.

Sourdough loaf and rondos that didn't get made yesterday (or the day before).

Will just have to make lemon meringue pie soon. Bet yours was delicious, greenishfing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                        Yesterday didn't go according to plan. D had a fall and needed cheering up, so we had the tagine yesterday instead of today. Flapjack with Greek yogurt and a swirl of Golden Syrup for an improvised pud. Good enough to have on another occasion though.
                        So today:

Lunch: Niçoise salad.
                        Supper. fish and veg.

Sourdough loaf and rondos that didn't get made yesterday (or the day before).

Will just have to make lemon meringue pie soon. Bet yours was delicious, greenishfing.
                        It was, and still a bit left. I think I'll batch bake some pasta bake today as the weather does not look promising. We'll have it with salad and a bit of garlic bread.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

It was, and still a bit left. I think I'll batch bake some pasta bake today as the weather does not look promising. We'll have it with salad and a bit of garlic bread.
                          Batch baking didn't happen. We had pork escalope with a creamy sage sauce, new potatoes, carrots and french beans. My husband had the last of the lemon meringue pie.

Comment

• Lunch: another salad niçoise
                            Supper: fish and veg (which we didn't have yesterday, forgot we had leftover tagine)

Comment

• Sea bass last night with fried spuds and peas.
                              Tonight will do something with courgettes, spring onions and carrots, probably stir-fry. A couple of nights back DD was going to do a stir-fry but did a tom yum type dish instead.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Quiche with Swedish brown beans and our own spuds.

Last night we ' accidentally' finished off the curry from the night before...it was destined for the freezer
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X