This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilli beef with basmati rice.
    Strawberries and raspberries with cream.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Tagliatelle, bol, garlic bread and a glass of red.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

What are bouncing potatoes??
        Fried potatoes with curry spices. I think they're supposed to be so spicy hot you bounce round the room (similar idea to jumping potatoes). I don't have them that hot.

Last night, pigeon breast, boiled spuds, cabbage, chestnut mushrooms and beetroot with flaked sea salt and pomegranate molasses.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Toad in the hole with carrots, kale and the first of my peas.

Comment

• Beer battered prawn and egg salad with Rose Marie sauce, a few chips and bread and butter for whoever can't resist a little chip buttie (me).

Hopefully strawberries and blueberries either on their own with cream or made into a crumble.

Comment

• BBQ - not quite sure what'll go on it ( maybe lamb, belly pork and hallumi) but we have lots of lettuce ready for eating and the FIRST of our new potatoes!!!!!!
              The rest of the trifle (made using our raspberries ) for pud.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Electric oven going on today as I made a mistake: I asked Mr Snoop what he'd like for Sunday supper. First thing he mentioned was lemon meringue pie. D nearly fell off his chair at the thought of lemon meringue pie. I suggested making a small one, but this was roundly pooh-poohed. D says he could eat a whole one on his own. He has a very sweet tooth and a rapid metabolism. Life is not fair...

Lunch I'll leave to Mr Snoop to sort out.

Supper: butternut and harrissa hummus with salad, followed by lemon meringue pie.

While the oven is on, I'll make some crackers, rondos and maybe, just maybe, some flapjacks.

Comment

• Did you say D is Spanish?
                  Most of theFrench I know adore anything lemon curd flavoured ( or dark chocolate!!)

You couldn't knock me up a lemon meringue pie too at the same time eh????
                  pretty please?

Comment

• Reiberdatschi (potato pancakes) with apple sauce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Did you say D is Spanish?
                      Most of theFrench I know adore anything lemon curd flavoured ( or dark chocolate!!)

You couldn't knock me up a lemon meringue pie too at the same time eh????
                      pretty please?
                      D is Italian but spent ten years living and working in London. Was due to meet up with a mutual friend from London here but got stuck due to the lockdown and other friend didn't arrive in time. D will be leaving end of the month to see his folks in Italy. He's been great company and we'll really miss him.

OK, another pie it is. Don't anyone else ask for one. I haven't got enough lemons.

Comment

• ^Sorry, Nicos, you'll have to wait. Have had to cancel due to big bad storm. Probably Tuesday now.

Comment

• Frittata, loaded with fresh veg.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Brunch: all-day breakfast with Bren's Staffordshire oatcakes from out the freezer so next to no effort apart from the washing-up.
                            Supper: 'roast' chicken in the pressure cooker with a load of veg.

Sourdough loaf, olive oil loaves for freezer plus ginger flapjacks.

Comment

• Jacket potatoes, meatballs and mixed beans.

Snoop we had oatcakes yesterday with bacon, egg and mushrooms.
                              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 13-07-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Left over BBQ -I do so love left overs!!!!!
                                peaches and our own raspberries with ice cream for pud.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X