Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunchtime snack of borlotti houmous and sourdough crackers. Tonight, courgette and tom based pasta sauce from the freezer with broad beans on tagliatelle.
    @ Snoop Puss, I like the look of that Netherton dome the base would be great for cooking chapattis.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• falafel, hummus and salad, with almond rice pudding and chocolate brownie for afters ;-)

Comment

• Corned beef hash with poached eggs and sourdough.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday went awry, Mr Bones, and I didn't get to make the bread. This is the dome I bought: https://www.netherton-foundry.co.uk/...-dome-and-tray I have a very small oven (ancient cast-iron range) and wasn't convinced I'd be able to get the other one in because of the handles. Plus the lip ensures that the dome part is properly located - I'm a bit clumsy. Just so's you know, the tray part is about 1.5 mm thick.

The other one they do is https://www.netherton-foundry.co.uk/...-griddle-plate. Maybe this is the one you were looking at. At 6 mm thick, it looks like it would make a brilliant baking sheet for anything, a pizza steel or a flat grill plate on a hob. Given the price of pizza steels, this doesn't look like a bad buy, though it is still a lot of money. Even so, if I had a proper oven, this is the one I would have bought.

As an added benefit, the dome makes a beautiful ringing noise, even just lifting it from the base. Will definitely be making bread today, so I'll let you know how it goes for its real purpose.

Lunch today: leftover lentil soup
          Supper: a surprise. I suspect haggis. Hope it's not the same brand as last year...
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-01-2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Lambs liver and onions with mashed potato and swede, carrots, cabbage and gravy.

Comment

• Mutton sausages with cauliflower and mushroom bake
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Indian fish curry with added veg.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Homemade burgers, fried onions, green beans, mushrooms potatoes and a nice gravy, followed by a fresh fruit salad

Comment

• Lebanese style bean stew, with sweet potato mash. Leftover rice pud for afters - fridge packed up overnight so the milk has been keeping cool in the shed today!

Comment

• He’s having lamb chops and something ( undecided ). I’m having a smoked salmon sandwich

Comment

• Laksa, based on a Jamie Oliver recipe. Just did the soup part plus missed out the asparagus. Still blimmin gorgeous though.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Chicken stew and mashed potato, comfort food at its best.
                          All at once I hear your voice
                          And time just slips away
                          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

• We had egg pasta with home-made passata and a nice big spoonful of pesto. Nice to still be eating home-grown food.

Comment

• Thick and spicy Thai noodle soup
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Cottage pie with mashed potato and swede on top, cabbage and gravy.
                                And roast parsnips. I've just found a couple I'd forgotten about skulking in the fridge.
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 28-01-2020, 10:25 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X