X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alldigging
    replied

Well is it blight? Rain scorching? Hail? Fox pee damage?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• binley100
    replied
    Great big sweaty bummocks..........looks like I've got it. They flowered weeks ago so I've chopped the lot down ........
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hamesy
    replied
    Originally posted by binley100 View Post
    Looks like it may be to me .........bummer . Check the websites at the beginning of this thread tho'
    Dam, I'll check out those sites.

Leave a comment:

• Samurailord
    replied
    Looks like I may have blight on one of my plants - luckily it is a single plant in a patio bag and my other potatoes are far away and not showing any signs as yet.

It is close to my tonatoes though, so I am going to cut off the affected foliage and see how it does.

Any more signs of blight and it all goes.

Onthe bright side - I had a little furtle and came up with a decent sized potato, about thre inches long, so I may just harvest anyway.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• binley100
    replied
    Originally posted by hamesy View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this is blight?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31007[/ATTACH]
    Looks like it may be to me .........bummer . Check the websites at the beginning of this thread tho'

Leave a comment:

• Farmer_Gyles
    replied
    59 outdoor tomatoes, 25 have blight ... i'm expecting most to succumb to blight now .... i haven't had a single tomato off the plants .... i expect the best i'll get this year is a few jars of green tomato chutney .... very disappointing ....

i have one tomato plant in the greenhouse which is doing very well and looking very healthy ....

Leave a comment:

• hamesy
    replied
    Can anyone tell me if this is blight?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• areia
    replied
    my crop looked blighted so topped the lot off before it got any worse, im hoping with fingers and toes crossed the tommies in the greenhouse will be ok,
    tatties are main crop there ok to still eat as new potatoes arnt they ???

Leave a comment:

• Paulottie
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarico View Post
    i'm worry for my tomatoes... my neighbor has some tomatoes plants and i never really saw him do anything (in fact he told me that he doesn't use the front garden so he decided to plant some veg in it) and this tomatoes have a very purple black fade on leaves... i think is blight.. now if he doesn't do anything about ( you know what i mean like destroy the leaves or the plant) will my plant at risk?
    so far i only found 1 leaf that looked like blight so i chopped it off. so what can i do? this neighbor is very strange man ( he drink and i suspect somethin more by the look) so go there and tell him to do something about his plant is not a good advice...
    Blight spores come on the wind and rain....It will make no difference what your neighbour does with his plant....If his have it there is every chance yours might.

Look carefully at the pictures at the beginning of the thread...is it blight? if so it will run through the plant and there is no cure.

It is good policy to burn and clean up after an attack but don't worry....It happens...hard lines.

Just commiserate with your neighbour...he grows veg so he can't be all bad eh!

Leave a comment:

• Sarico
    replied
    i'm worry for my tomatoes... my neighbor has some tomatoes plants and i never really saw him do anything (in fact he told me that he doesn't use the front garden so he decided to plant some veg in it) and this tomatoes have a very purple black fade on leaves... i think is blight.. now if he doesn't do anything about ( you know what i mean like destroy the leaves or the plant) will my plant at risk?
    so far i only found 1 leaf that looked like blight so i chopped it off. so what can i do? this neighbor is very strange man ( he drink and i suspect somethin more by the look) so go there and tell him to do something about his plant is not a good advice...

Leave a comment:

• kentvegplot
    replied
    After feeling very smug about the earlies last week, I am pretty sure it's blight on my no-dig main crops. Hey ho. Time to clear the foliage and then fingers crossed for a crop.

Leave a comment:

• VirginVegGrower
    replied
    Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
    I came to the conclusion a few years ago that it's only worth growing spuds if I include a large proportion of blight resistant varieties like the Sarpo types. If all else fails, they've always remained standing.

I dug my Desiree up last week because they were still only 6 inches high! No sign of blight, but it was inevitable that they'd have been hit long before I got a crop from them, so I cut my losses and filled the bed with bought in brassica plants!

What a sh** year it's been so far!
    I know it's of no consolation to you, but somehow you've made me feel a little better, knowing it's not just me. Have you got that polytunnel yet? If I could afford it, I would have a bank of them in my garden and give the lotty up I feel we are set to have many more "pants" summers.

Leave a comment:

• SarzWix
    replied
    I came to the conclusion a few years ago that it's only worth growing spuds if I include a large proportion of blight resistant varieties like the Sarpo types. If all else fails, they've always remained standing.

I dug my Desiree up last week because they were still only 6 inches high! No sign of blight, but it was inevitable that they'd have been hit long before I got a crop from them, so I cut my losses and filled the bed with bought in brassica plants!

What a sh** year it's been so far!

Leave a comment:

• VirginVegGrower
    replied
    Blight has reached my allotment potatoes - am gutted. All earlies dug up. All maincrop haulms cut off and what I've got in the next two weeks is it. All that effort for naff all. I hate this weather. My next door neighbour who is only growing potatoes this year. His allotment is full of beautiful green foliage and flowers that are almost waist high. Mine barely got to a foot high. The only difference is he used cow muck...sigh.

Leave a comment:

• Ja9
    replied
    Thank you Sarah.. I am now hopeful that the sad looking yellowing leaves at the bottom of some of my potatoes haven't succumbed to blight after all!
    When will this rain stop.......?!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X