X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• binley100
    replied
    Doesn't look like blight to me ..........you'd know it'd be black and yucky and would be on the stems .....

Leave a comment:

• FlawlessVictory
    replied
    Shameless bump, does anybody know if I do have blight or a magnesium deficiency I've bought some anti fungal spray and some epsom salts will this be enough? Cheers

Leave a comment:

• VirginVegGrower
    replied
    Originally posted by binley100 View Post
    There'll be more coming along soon ..........or have you massacred the whole tomato community ?
    Not yet. I was under the influence of anesthesia still I think. At least that's my defence and...

Leave a comment:

• binley100
    replied
    There'll be more coming along soon ..........or have you massacred the whole tomato community ?

Leave a comment:

• VirginVegGrower
    replied
    I think we're all so paranoid about blight we don't stop to consider anything else.........root some armpits and you'll feel better ...
    I've killed those too

Leave a comment:

• binley100
    replied
    I think we're all so paranoid about blight we don't stop to consider anything else.........root some armpits and you'll feel better ...

Leave a comment:

• VirginVegGrower
    replied
    Noticed that some of my tattie leaves are yellowing the same as some of my toms so did a bit of hunting ..found this site with pictures and it looks like magnesium deficiency again........From what I've read the heavy rain has battered the soil making it hard for the plants to take up the mineral. Guess the tatties will be having an epsom salt spray as well.
    Color Pictures of Mineral Deficiencies in Potato Plants
    Thanks Bins - it's so damned difficult to tell. I feel like a tomato murderer this morning

Leave a comment:

• Marge
    replied
    I also found blight in some of my potatoes; most of the first earlies and all of the second earlies. I am hopeful for the main crop.

Still I did manage to harvest enough 'new' potatoes for my dinner

Leave a comment:

• redser
    replied
    Was up at the plot this evening. Thought my spuds were doing great but suddenly there was a big gap down one end of the bed. Looked in closer and I've definately got blight. Gutted. The higher up leaves look good but down around the base it's carnage on the leaves and stems. I have Mayan Gold and Roosters. The Roosters are affected but the MG are fine so far. They've both been in only 12 weeks, do you think there is any chance for ANY sort of crop from the roosters? The MG only need a few more weeks so I'm hopeful for them. I removed as much of the damaged material as I could. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• binley100
    replied
    Noticed that some of my tattie leaves are yellowing the same as some of my toms so did a bit of hunting ..found this site with pictures and it looks like magnesium deficiency again........From what I've read the heavy rain has battered the soil making it hard for the plants to take up the mineral. Guess the tatties will be having an epsom salt spray as well.
    Color Pictures of Mineral Deficiencies in Potato Plants

Leave a comment:

• VirginVegGrower
    replied
    Five out of about thirty plants in the polytunnel have blight. All pulled out. This is because my eye was off the ball. Fingers crossed for the GH ones.

Edited because I think in my confused state I have just uprooted five tomato plants with magnesium deficiency instead. Brown spots not black
    Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 04-07-2012, 08:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FlawlessVictory
    replied
    Is this blight

Hi I'm new to the boards and have just been reading rather than contributing but I have come across a problem and I was just wondering if my tomatoes have blight and if infact I can salvage anything from them.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Alison
    replied
    To be honest I keep meaning to unsubscribe to the blightwatch site as it just worries me and I'm not going to spray anyway as it's horrible stuff so I think I might be better in ignorance as not all Smiths periods lead to blight.

Leave a comment:

• dominic10
    replied
    Originally posted by ItsEssexRob View Post
    Also, what is a Smiths period and how do I know if we have one?

Thanks.
    This link should help Blightwatch.co.uk - the essential service for professional potato growers

Leave a comment:

• ItsEssexRob
    replied
    I keep my GH flap open to avoid it getitng too humid inside and to prevent Botyritis. Does this increase the likelyhood my Toms would catch blight though? Also, what is a Smiths period and how do I know if we have one?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X