X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Originally posted by utini View Post
    I think you're right, it doesn't match the pictures of blight. Not sure about Septoria Leaf Spot. If it was a virus would that affect the tubers? I'll pull some out of the bag and have a look later.
    it may affect the yield but not the quality

Leave a comment:

• utini
    replied
    I think you're right, it doesn't match the pictures of blight. Not sure about Septoria Leaf Spot. If it was a virus would that affect the tubers? I'll pull some out of the bag and have a look later.

Leave a comment:

• toomanytommytoes
    replied
    Could be Septoria Leaf Spot?

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    looks more like symptoms of a virus to me but difficult to say from a photograph. Blight should look like th pics you can see by following this link https://www.google.com/search?q=pota...w=1455&bih=688

Leave a comment:

• SarrissUK
    replied
    That looks like blight to me, but I've only seen it once. Someone else cleverer will be along shortly.

(I miss Sarz)

Leave a comment:

• utini
    replied
    I noticed this evening that some of my second crop of Charlotte's had dark spots all over the leaves. One plant is badly affected, others have some on just a few leaves. I'll post a picture of the plants tomorrow, but here are a few of the leaves - anyone know what this is?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• FuzzyFeltDeath
    replied
    Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
    Not blight, IMO specially not in hot dry weather. Try a liquid feed that says it has trace elements or seaweed feed if you have it...that should sort out the new growth.

Blighted plants look yucky with fungus-like dark damp patches on stems, leaves and fruit, plants usually collapse after a day or 2

How big are those pots, they look a bit small for a large tomato plant - that may be the problem?
    I've a massive amount of nettle compost tea, but nitrogen isn't the fix here from what I can gather, for growth not fruit.

I've about 10 litres of home-made seaweed tea too and the actual seaweed, so might give them a feed and then some seaweed mulch on top.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Not blight, IMO specially not in hot dry weather. Try a liquid feed that says it has trace elements or seaweed feed if you have it...that should sort out the new growth.

Blighted plants look yucky with fungus-like dark damp patches on stems, leaves and fruit, plants usually collapse after a day or 2

How big are those pots, they look a bit small for a large tomato plant - that may be the problem?

Leave a comment:

• FuzzyFeltDeath
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Gut feeling is that's not blight. Are there patches of dark grey on the stems?...that's usually a confirmation for me!
    All the stems are perfectly healthy and growing well, all the green tomatoes also looking perfect.

Leave a comment:

• nickdub
    replied
    I'd agree - bit of a deficiency problem - not blight.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Gut feeling is that's not blight. Are there patches of dark grey on the stems?...that's usually a confirmation for me!

Leave a comment:

• FuzzyFeltDeath
    replied
    Wondering if you guys can cast your trained eyes over these three.

I've just given them all some Epsom salts to see if that makes any difference, plant 3 seems to be the most likely to be a deficiency than blight as far as I can see?

Leave a comment:

• 1Bee
    replied
    Excellent. Yeah, on second look it didn't seem quite right for blight but wasn't sure if that was wishful thinking. Ta.

Leave a comment:

• nickdub
    replied
    Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
    So what do we think?
    Not sure what the problem is, but it doesn't look like blight to me. I'd just cut the affected leaves off and bin them, then hope for the best.

Leave a comment:

• Jay-ell
    replied
    Originally posted by Baldy View Post
    I'm known as the 'cry wolf' blight guy on my plot... I reckon we're on the cusp of it starting - who will be first for 2018 - photos of fungus and chopped hallums before I adjudicate.

(I only grow first earlies now - plot is a blight hot spot)
    Must read slower - I misread part of your post. Nearly spat my tea out.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X