Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had one similar when I got my plot. Dig out the bindweed (and lots of decaying plastic bags in my case) the dock roots too, chop the dock tops and nettles into a new composter and put the finished compost to use on the plot. I then place comfry on the spot to milk back all the deep nutrients from past years.

Comment

• Comfrey patch is a great idea Kevin, should block out any attempt by the nettles and docks to re-establish.
      He-Pep!

Comment

• Watered chard, winter lettuce and chillies in greenhouse. Planted a couple of bareroot autumn raspberry canes. I haven't sown any seeds yet, but am getting itchy sowing fingers so may do some tomato and chilli later.

Comment

• Bought my seed spuds, peas and beans and a couple of buckets of BFB.
          Potted on some strawberry plants and did some weeding.
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Ventured out and weeded a bed so the snowdrops are now visible Checked another bed and the mint is coming up. Cat dung is everywhere. I like cats, but they will have to be stopped.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Sowed some seeds whilst watching Scotland beat Ireland...
              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1511608

Comment

• Got three different bags of John Innes compost for £12 for all the potting on, also two hefty looking bases for the water butts for the new greenhouse, so that's another job to do now.

Comment

• Yes! Made a start - planted tomatoes, cucumbers, salad leaves and aubergines; all in the propagator. Potted on my Christmas tree (well properly a bushy twig) that I bought from Ald* but when moved to a larger pot I find very healthy and extensive roots. Bodes well for next year

And put my potatoes to chit. Ordered rather more than I remembered - so - plenty of spuds this year then!
                  Last edited by susieq100; 05-02-2017, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Well my allotment shed got broken into sometime over the last few days, so today will be spent assessing damage & working out whats gone.

Comment

• Bought some square 7cm pots from the head shop (the only hort seller that I van get to without two buses or walking a busy road without a sidewalk). They are solid, not the ones that will scrunch in one's hand ...10p each.
                      Quick clear of last year's plants from the greenhouse.
                      Made up sowing medium from last years pots, a little BFB and some seaweed.
                      Filled a few trays and took them inside to earm up.
                      Some herbs, chickweed and brassicas for my shakshuka but playing Russian roulette by using a chilli without an ID.
                      Fed a pot plant with comfrey tea. That wasn't such a great idea.
                      Last edited by JustPotteringAbout; 05-02-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Covered another bed with a layer of newspaper and muck, cut down last years raspberry canes which for some reason I always struggle to get motivated to do, which is odd as it's only a 10 minute job. Just getting cleaned up ready for a roast.

Comment

• I had to do the weekly shop today and went to Lidl for my basics. Right by the entrance there was a lovely sight. Their new seed packets are out already. I dived in and picked up:-
                          Marigold: Orange flame, Bolero & Kobold mix

Zinnia:Liliput mix

Peas:Kelvedon wonder & Kleine Rheinlanderin

Yellow beans:Wachs beste von Allen & Kinghorn wax

Spinach: Matador

Aubergine mix

https://roosorganicallotment.wordpress.com/
                          Growing by trial and error in Kent

Comment

• Rough levelled 1.5m x 2.4m of paving that will go under the greenhouse - only another 1.2m x 2.4m to do and I will have the base ready! See Alans Allotment: Finally A Sunday Visit
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Started part two of my - growing vertically as well as horizontally- two half-pallets (vaguely) atached to my sweet pea/ clematis/honeysuckle/vine frame - a square gutter then attached to the top of the pallets and filled with a mix of soil and compost - room for about 5 strawberry plants there methinks.
                              Another bin bag full of sofa grass.

Accompanied by a robin and a frog in my basin-pond. Finished the day with a pint or two by the river Torridge.
                              All in all, most splendid!
                              sigpic
                              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Nada, zilch, bu99er all........................apart from watching footy & rugger.......................after all it is Sunday.
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X