Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought dahlias, peonies, echinoderms, vermiculite and seed compost. Then put the compost in my airing cupboard to warm up

First seed sowing of 2017 is tomorrow
    https://roosorganicallotment.wordpress.com/
    Growing by trial and error in Kent

Comment

I potted up 20 bare roots strawbs that arrived 2 days ago - Honeyoye and Aromel. The ground here is frozen solid so no chance of planting them out. Got the first early seed spuds in from garage to chit - Lady Christl and Rocket. Have got dregs from last years crops already sprouted - they were looking a bit green so put them to one side intending to chuck them but they want to live !! Sorted out a bag of tulip bulbs lifted from last year who are also desperate to get going. Put the compost for the pepper seeds in the airing cupboard to warm up plus the thermometer.

Comment

sowed May Queen lettuce; Carmagnola and Snackbite pepper; Rosella tomato; aubergine Negra Lisa seed to soak 24 hours

Comment

Sowed my sweet peas in spangly new root trainers.
          Last edited by happyhumph; 22-01-2017, 11:52 AM.
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Plnted my poudland red onion sets. Got given a 6ft batten to and added it to my Heath Robinson pgoda on the plot.
            Mulched a few large pots with cardbord pizza boxes.
            Considering some more sowing this afternoon Mrs Balders willing...
            sigpic
            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Got dragged around the shop's

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                Considering some more sowing this afternoon Mrs Balders willing...
                So how deep are you going to sow her and are you intending direct in the ground or do you have a large compost dalek? and will she really be willing to be planted?
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                  So how deep are you going to sow her and are you intending direct in the ground or do you have a large compost dalek? and will she really be willing to be planted?
                  I've gone off the idea - much as I love her if the sowing was successful and I ended up with a multitude of little baby Mrs Balders it would all just be a bit too much...

Sowed a couple of trays of lettuce in the GH - probably a bit optimistic but that's the way I like to roll (generally speaking)
                  sigpic

Comment

Today was the 1st sow of the year.Hooray!

I sowed:-
                    Aubergine Rosa Bianca

Leek Musselburgh

Leek Elephant

Sweet pea Spencer mixed

Sweet pea Bijou

French Marigold

African Marigold

Night scented Stock

Foxglove

Comment

This morning before work I picked up a couple of pallets that Mrs. Bario had spotted dumped round the corner from our flat yesterday, and a compost bin that I got off Freegle. No gardening as such, but I love freebies!
                      He-Pep!

Comment

Today I went down to the lottie with Mr Busy to unload the sand and cement he bought to make the base for the greenhouse we are putting up. Altho the ground is covered with Mypex it was still frozen underneath so not able to start the work digging a trench for the breeze block foundation.
                        Also pulled out my germinated tomato seeds (Rosella) from the airing cupboard and put them in the light.

Comment

Just purchased 125ltrs of verve compost from b and q for £6.93. I'm going out for a few beers this afternoon so I can see me sowing some chillies snd leeks later as I'll think its a good idea.

Comment

Not a lot done today as it's still a bit cold & I'm up to date with the beds. I did however go into the pond and cleaned the Fish TV.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Dodged the rain for once. Pulled up a couple of bin bags of 'sofa' grass - put down cardboard cover on two beds. Found and replanted a couple of beetroot that actually look and feel pretty good. Now to sow some seeds...
                              sigpic

Comment

I had a check on my seed germination experiment. I am afraid it has not gone to plan.Whilst my Stocks had all germinated, nothing else had and the Sweetpeas smelt suspiciously like popcorn, indicating maybe they had been cooked rather than sprouted.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X