This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Penellype View Post
    I have a stack of pots designed for hanging on fences in my spare bedroom, and supplies of perlite and vermiculite in the garage to use to make the compost less heavy. I am (with difficulty) sitting on my hands with regard to planting, but some of my seeds, particularly the peas and silene have February as the starting month for sowing. A bit of sunshine and warmer weather next week and my resolve to leave it until March is likely to crack.
    How about netting part of it for ya Peas?
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• I had the first proper look around my new plot in daylight!

The old guy that owned it previously had removed his lock so I didn't have to break in to the shed and he even weeded one of the beds when he took out the last of his beetroot. The rest of the site is messier than it looked at dusk and needs a lot of work but the beds are good. Today was spent measuring and plotting because I like nice visual plans.

Comment

• Planted the broad bean seeds from the trays into their new home as they have all for roots

3 buckets of carrots
        4 buckets for spuds bucket tower
        6 buckets for broads

412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

• Started building my new and very tiny (6x4) greenhouse in the living room.................I will eventually venture outside with it.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• By you must have wide doors Lumpy........................what did I do today?.....Nowt, it's too bladdy cold.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Having a "Lazy Day" today!

Which I'll probably regret tomorrow!
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                By you must have wide doors Lumpy........................what did I do today?.....Nowt, it's too bladdy cold.
                I'm not as dense as I am daft looking.......I have put together the base frame and the 4 corner strutt thingies plus 2 of the sides and a bit of the back.

All are easily carried through the doorway.......now.......how to tackle the sliding door?
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                  Yesterday put the portable grow light station together, Alans Allotment: LED Portable Grow Station this morning sown three of five varieties of Brussels Sprouts Alans Allotment: Sowing Brussel Sprouts awaiting the other two packs of seed to arrive today, looking at the warm glow of the LED Grow Lights and have a nice feeling inside as I finally have something on the go.
                  Cad

Can very much vouch for "Cromwell" and "Evesham Special" excellent sprouts!

The "Rubine" Absaloute pants! blow more than I do after pork pie n mashed peas, but I'll give em another bash just in case it was a one off!
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Finally made space elsewhere for the lawn mower releasing the space above the small freezer in the outside brick shed. The E27 Pendant with lead switch and 3 pin plug arrived and a hook was screwed into the shelf.

The heat mat was unrolled and a mushroom tray with soft bricks placed on it to flatten the mat as it has been rolled up in a box and I'm nearly ready for Grow Station 2.

I cut a timber to go on top of the fridge, but I'm not even sure the heat mat is actually generating heat, So I've left it on and will go and see how warm it is or isn't a little later.

Two full trays fit on there top that's 30 vending machine cups in two 15 tray modules where I can start stuff off early.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grow Station Shed.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	2371034

I've actually bought a E27 light fitting that can be directly screwed to the shelf and I will pack trays to bring them closer to the lights.
                    Last edited by Cadalot; 09-02-2017, 03:47 PM.
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Bought my Charlotte seed potatoes they're now in sitting in their egg boxes.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                        Cad

Can very much vouch for "Cromwell" and "Evesham Special" excellent sprouts!

The "Rubine" Absaloute pants! blow more than I do after pork pie n mashed peas, but I'll give em another bash just in case it was a one off!
                        I have grown Evesham Special before and they were excellent, I also grew a variety called Revenge and they actually didn't make you produce wind which I did expect they would going by the name, they were a good size and produced nice tight sprouts.

I just wanted to extend the harvest season and try out some different varieties this year as I had a failure last year and ended up having to buy plants and the were awful.

My ultimate aim is to establish a two or three varieties that I will grow every year and then try a couple of new ones each year as it would get boring if you always grew the same thing every year.
                        sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Rescued seedlings / light rig and heated propagator from potting shed - guess its just too cold out there despite bubble wrapping. The seedlings don't look very good compared to those that were just grown on kitchen windowsill. I'll give em week but I expect they'll be chucked.
                          sigpic
                          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Totally agree!

But then my method of thinking, if ya likes what ya get, grow them every year n try one extra!

Not many Sprout lovers on here apart from the "Big Ape" yourself n I.

Comment

• Baldy!
                              Far too cold I would have said!

Mine are "Beaching in the "Carabean"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                                Baldy!
                                Far too cold I would have said!

Mine are "Beaching in the "Carabean"
                                I wish I was!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X