Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My remembery loss is getting worse, give me 5 & I'll be back...................
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• ............Reet, I've remembered..........Transplanted about 20 Leeks from a planter into a bed. Hoe'd over an empty bed to keep the weeds at bay............Filled 2 troughs with hoss muck, filled with well rooted Mange-tout & placed the troughs against the fence round the pond for them to climb up, spent a couple of hours splitting logs then hoicked out a load of hooge logs that were swamped by nettles & brambles. These will go in the log store to dry out tomorrow..........if I can lift them..........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        My remembery loss is getting worse, give me 5 & I'll be back...................
        So is your time keeping - that was 10

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• I lose track of time so easily.................

Comment

• Sowed my fourth and final sowing of parsnips - if these don't show it's no snips for me this year.
            Watered watered watered - this dry windy weather is Hell for seedlings.
            Relocated a couple of chard plants from the asparagus bed as they were crowding the new spears.
            Snapped off all the flower spikes on the sorrel.
            Straightened up the supports for the brassica cage, i don't like it when things are off vertical.
            He-Pep!

Comment

• Checked my pts,containers etc for signs of life and germination.. my giant marrows sprang into life yesterday! they are going to be a blast this season, now waiting on my onions.. been around 10 days now so im suspecting duff seed if no action by the weekend.. also waiting on my prairie fire chillies

Comment

• beetroot plants got to around an inch high so planted out in the big planter thing cos that how i roll.
                412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

• Tuesday I had an unexpected, unaccompanied 4 hours on the plot. Alone. Uninterrupted.

Bliss.

I did some watering and hoeing, then weeded one of the raised beds and fashioned a kind of molly-cuddling station for things that have out stayed their welcome in the growhouse, by combining an old buggy rain cover with the frame of a cold frame.

Then I dug over bed 2. Husband had done the rough dig, but it needed going over to break up the clods and pull out all weed roots and nails/glass etc.

I could write a treatise on the appearance and habits of all the major perennial weed roots...

I've never dug a whole bed in one session before. *proud* As I dug, I folded the black plastic back over the dug section and trampled it, because this is going to be the brassica bed.

I then decided to put up the brassica tunnel again, which I thought would be a nightmare but was actually fairly easy. Thanks Cadalot, for the original design.

Today: hoed everywhere I could, watered charlottes, broad beans, peas, onions, salad bed, strawberries and molly-coddling frame. Weeded the onion bed.

Comment

• Planted out sweet peas and nasturtiums, plus more lettuce.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sowed maincrop carrots, beetroot and kohlrabi. Watered the onions. Stuck a fork in the ground to see if it was soft enough to dig: it wasn't. We need some proper rain down here!
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• At home I sowed....

24 Sweetcorn 'wagtail'
                        Tromboncino x 6
                        Pumpkin 'Hooligan' x 5
                        Pumpkin 'Munchkin' x 6
                        Cucamelon x 3

At allotment...

Helped Neil build raised bed
                        Moved a buddleia bush to other side of plot
                        Sowed 10 x Pea 'Hurst Greenshaft'
                        Sowed 16 Peas (Snap) 'quartz'

Averted a major nervous breakdown at how much work still needs done Little and often whilst crops are germinating & growing on in pots in greenhouse & tunnel should soon have me catch up. Not back at work till Saturday after a week on the sick so I'll pop back up tomorrow and get another couple of hours under my belt before Phoebe & Loki's vet appointment at 2pm.

Phoebe is a bit miffed at losing her sunny windowsill
                        Last edited by Gillykat; 04-05-2017, 05:49 PM.
                        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Potted up a dozen green/purple tomatilloes for the Physalis Phorest.

Also 90 baby lavenders. I have this mental image of a lady in a pretty floral frock and a wide brimmed hat, floating through a lavender lined path, snipping stems for her straw basket. Reality then kicks in and the elegant lady morphs into an white haired old biddy wearing grimy jeans, who stumbles through the weeds with an old bucket We can all dream

Comment

• Reacquainted myself with my plant babies after the family trip away. They are all still alive despite no watering for the last week. Hooray!
                            https://roosorganicallotment.wordpress.com/
                            Growing by trial and error in Kent

Comment

• I have parsnip - please note the lack of plurality there. One single seedling.

Watered everything including myself.

Sowed some Telephone and some Serpette Gillete thingy peas. Finished off the string on the tall tepee for the telephone peas.

Emptied out a compost bin onto the Yacon bed.

Cleaned out half the greenhouse and sorted out the staging. Need to do the other half but space for 300 leeks doesn't just come out of nowhere. Once they're out (and the Egyptian onions) If can take out the 9 section planters and rejig.

When I first put in my little mini orchard the other allotment holders thought it odd. I had one in for a chat and a tour today admiring it and talking about lidl (or was it aldi?) having fruit trees. Looks like there could be another mini orchard on the plot soon. He was also asking about my cabbage (Paul and Beckies Austurian Cabbage) and the elephant garlic (which has grown back enough to eat again) . Seems like my madness may be contagious.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Morning spent splitting logs...........afternoon spent mowing the plot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X