Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled winter spinach out of the tin bath in gh and emptied spent compost - tipped it over various flower beds to help improve the claggy soil.

Refilled with lovely home made compost and planted 5 cucs ready for my cucumber triffid later in the year.

Potted on some more amish paste toms and some dedo des mochas chilies. Ran out of time as youngest woke up and was awkward.....

So much still to do - Gillykat isn't the only one on the verge of desperation at how much there is to do!

Might manage a sneaky half hour tomorrow if I finish work early
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I'm losing the will to live trying to dig our borders - the soil is so compacted and full of roots and stones - I've dug 1 x 1 x 0.5 metres in 5 hours

Only another 40 x 1 x 0.5 to go

Comment

• ^^^^^ouch!

Today I spent 10 hrs making 3batches of chutney from fruit and veg found at the bottom of my freezers!
        36 jars
        Also I picked and froze my neighbour's rhubarb for her as she's away for the next few weeks.

Now I'm mostly feeling exhausted, but clearly not as much as vixylix!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by vixylix View Post
          I'm losing the will to live trying to dig our borders - the soil is so compacted and full of roots and stones - I've dug 1 x 1 x 0.5 metres in 5 hours

Only another 40 x 1 x 0.5 to go
          Little and often with plenty of tea and biccy breaks and you will get there! Good luck finishing it off

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            ^^^^^ouch!

Today I spent 10 hrs making 3batches of chutney from fruit and veg found at the bottom of my freezers!
            36 jars
            Also I picked and froze my neighbour's rhubarb for her as she's away for the next few weeks.

Now I'm mostly feeling exhausted, but clearly not as much as vixylix!
            Wow 36 jars!! thats a lot of chutney! and the clear out now means you have space for this years crops to be frozen down lol (We always produce more eh lol) I have got hot sauce I made from chillies and thta 2 years old with no sign of going off anytime soon lol, I love mango chutney with popadoms with a curry, what types did you make?

Comment

• Unstacked and re-stacked the huge pile of rockery rocks and bags of gravel which were on pallets nicely compacting my brassica bed (note to self - next time, move the rocks then put up the brassica cage ). Gave the bed a good soaking ready for planting up in the next few days once I've tidied up the netting and secured it.
              Gave a couple of other beds a thorough soaking with the hose.
              Planted up two more potato bags with Roosters - probably a bit late for maincrops now, but hey-ho. Still got a whole egg tray of PFA to go in somewhere!
              Had to drag myself away just as the sun crested the trees and illuminated the polytunnel - it's going to be glorious weather all day...
              He-Pep!

Comment

• Watering

Comment

• Nipped back down at lunch and planted 15 or so Pink Fir Apple spuds in an empty bed.
                  He-Pep!

Comment

• I meant to say - Vixy, keep going! It's SO satisfying when you get through it all, then turn it over next year and it's so much better. Is it clay? Would watering help loosen it up?

I also recommend using a mattock, if you're happy using one.

Like damian said, little and often, and lots of reward. Even Everest was climbed one step at a time.

Comment

• Potted of Kale, courgettes and cucs then planted out more pre-chitted parsnips.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Someone has burged up the strimmer on the plot so I had to do my edges with hand shears! My back now really aches so its time for a tincture (for medicinal porpoises you understand).
                        Potted on a few toms - running out of bigger pots now so quite a few will have to take their chances going in direct. Weekend weather looks mostly ok ish - might need rainproofs tomorrow - so hopefully get a fair bit done.
                        sigpic
                        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• I potted on tomatoes and pricked out cauliflowers. Then I went off to play golf
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• hi all, my greenhouse frame is fully built now just need the polycarb going in i also cleared my pea area ,planted the rest of my onion sets and made a start at weeding my strawberry patch ,phew what a day i`ll sleep well tonight ,cheers

p.s. also i have put up some pics of my hydro chillis in the chilli thread for you to see.
                            The Dude abides.

Comment

• Potted on everything in the spare bedroom, pricked out herb seedlings, sowed more herbs, made plans for tomorrow's plot trip.
                              https://roosorganicallotment.wordpress.com/
                              Growing by trial and error in Kent

Comment

• Sowed some parsnip seeds and chased off the cheeky male blackbird who was pinching them at one end of the row whilst I was sowing at the other, has to cover them till they germinate. Trimmed the privet with the shears as I didn't want to disturb nesting birds too much, hot out there had to come in to cool down. Off out trout fishing in a bit on the local wee burn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X