Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separated out my raspberry canes as per instructions from you great people planted out the courgette with cloches on standby and did a line of parsnips (but i dont hold much hope)

Comment

• Have just spent the morning having a hugely overdue potting on session:

Aubergine
      Violetta Lunga 2 - Flowering
      Early Long Purple - Flowering and has a single fruit
      Black Beauty

Tomatoes
      Country Taste
      Tigerella

Melons
      Emir - flowering
      Antalya - flowering
      Amarillo oro Canari

Cucumbers
      Passandra - flowering & small cucs
      Louisa - flowering & small cucs

Chilli's and peppers
      Doux tres long des landes - flowering and fruits
      Super Chilli - flowering and fruits
      Cheyenne - flowering and fruits
      Corno rosso - flowering and fruits but pretty leggy
      Rokita - flowering and fruits
      Tabasco -just starting to flower
      Sweet mixed - flowering and fruits

Courgette
      Yellow Atena

Basil
      Large Leaved

Dahlias
      Starlight

Lobelia
      Crystal Palace
      Last edited by johnjohn; 07-05-2017, 01:41 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Planted some seeds, Chard, Lettuce, Carrots and Spring onion.
        Also did some digging/wedding.
        Education is important, but motorbikes is importanter.

Comment

• Potted on some herbs into larger tubs, gave up trying to find space in a bed for the spare Telephone peas and decided to grow them up a wall trained apple tree instead.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Spent nearly 3 hours potting on tomato after tomato! Many of which I'd put off potting on for weeks. Some now have flowers on which is awesome.

Beans now starting to germinate and also radish. Lettuce sowings are struggling to make an appearance. Carrots growing nicely.

Some tomatoes are ready now to plant in the greenhouse border which has just been made. Waiting on topsoil and gravel delivery tomorrow to finish greenhouse off and then I can get busy planting. Can't wait.
            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Potted on tomatoes, kale and sprouts.
              Sowing carrots, lettuce, watercress, radish, spring onions etc later this evening, all in pots
              Having a little think about corn his year, how many could I put in a BQ builders bucket. 2 should be ok I think.
              Oh, and a no housework day turned into the complete opposite ......
              Have a nice evening
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Dug half a bed (too hot for a whole one today!), planted out some thyme, french and runner beans.
                All to the sounds of a children's birthday disco in one of the gardens nearby, with plenty of 80s favourites in the mix!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                  Having a little think about corn his year, how many could I put in a BQ builders bucket. 2 should be ok I think.
                  Go on stick in a third one- you know you want to!

Comment

• Got ready a frame for the runner beans, planted out some sweet peas and a full bed of oriental salad plugs (got a bit carried away with sowing, already have back ups germinated as well, and had spare seedlings to give a neighbour), watered almost everything 'cos it's still crazy dry, and watched said neighbour try and fail to catch a swarm of bees. Oops.

Luckily, they were his bees swarming, not mine

Also gulped at the state of the grass. I need to sort that mess out, and soon. Unfortunately my strimmer's decided it no longer wants to start, and I ain't buying another a few months before leaving the plot.
                    My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

• Took some Yacon, leeks, brassicas out of the dining room window and down to the greenhouse. Give me some space to sow more stuff tomorrow.

Shovelled several double barrows of horse muck - piles nearly gone so there's room for a skip

Put the Sarpo Mira into buckets and topped up the rest of the spuds. That's the spuds all done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_25822-spuds800832291.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2372482

Left to right 5 blue recycling bags of Pentland Javelin, 4 potato bags of estima, 5 green recycling bags of Jazzy, 5 30l buckets Purple Majesty and finally 4 30l buckets of Sarpo Mira.

Weeded something out of a bed. Not sure what it was but I popped it into a pot to find out

Name:	tmp_25822-growing thing392300748.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	2372483

ANYONE KNOWWHAT IT IS?

Planted a Yacon in a 30l bucket of horse muck to see how well it does. Will also do one in compost to compare

Name:	tmp_25822-Yacon planted979961948.jpg
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	2372484

Took out an old bed, dug out the weeds and patina 1x1m bed, bug a deep pit in it and put thereon Turkey fig in a pot into the hole.

Not sure about the fig but I'm suffering transplant stress - that pot was awkward

P.S. Also potted up 42 lavender and 6 more Yacon (red skinned ones this time)
                      Last edited by Jay-ell; 07-05-2017, 07:22 PM.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• I got all my asaparagus and strawberries potted up - the strawberries are in their troughs for at least this year - I hope the asparagus cope ok in their temporary MFBs.

I also rescued (bought) some sugar snap peas and a scotch bonnet chilli from bandq - I wanted to rescue them all but OH had taken the trolley and I already had my hands full.

So much still to do - and need to start hardening off, but its been really quite cold the last few days

Comment

• Got the electric lawn raker out for the first time this year. A lot of moss and thatch has built up over the winter.

Comment

• Watered. With the erratic but joyful help of the 3yo.

Dug two post holes for the strawberry rack. Dig a bit of digging. Weeded some more onions.

Felt fabulous.

Comment

• Much has happened in my small garden from the last time I posted.
                              Rocket and Lettuce have done really well and we've had sandwiches and salads out of it so far.
                              Spring onions have now been planted out.
                              Tomatoes have grown on well. think I need to pot on, but can't decide whether to just plant them out in the big pots?
                              Parsley has been a nightmare and none of it has grown. will try again.
                              Same with Strawberries had some seeds which germinated and then nothing for a good couple weeks, they haven't grown at all. so the wife went and brought Strawberry plants which have now been planted.
                              Beetroot & Carrots have gone it and will await results

Not bad for a first year gardener

Comment

• Just had an 'our nettle picking for the glug barrel. 2 pairs of gloves & long sleeves yet they still find a way to attack you..............
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X