Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was busy in the greenhouse. I potted on my tomatoes into bigger pots one last time before they go out to greenhouse at the end of the month.

Pricked Out some Myrtus ugni seedlings into bigger pots.

Potted pumpkin into bigger pots. I also put one into a air pot as an experiment to compare with other pumpkins. Will be harder to keep watered but hoping for better plant. I am also trying tomatoes in air pots this year.

Layered mint plants to get more for herbal teas.
    Gardening blog http://ploughyofurrow.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

• Put some cabbages plants in the allotment and had a try out with my new toy, a double ended hoe.
      Worked really well.
      Last edited by Darthcider; 06-05-2017, 01:20 PM. Reason: Damn spellcheck
      Education is important, but motorbikes is importanter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darthcider View Post
        a double ended his.
        Worked really well.
        I'm at a loss what a double ended his is or how you'd use it on the allotment. Is it that much better than a single ended his?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
          I'm at a loss what a double ended his is or how you'd use it on the allotment. Is it that much better than a single ended his?
          We need to make sure we are following equality legislation, so we should state that it might be better than a single ended person or single ended her
          Gardening blog http://ploughyofurrow.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

• I'm glad someone else has asked what a "double ended his" is . Sounds a bit rude to me - but most things do

Comment

• Curse of the spell check!

It should read hoe, not sure if that makes sound any better, lol.
              Education is important, but motorbikes is importanter.

Comment

• So is one end the his and the other end the hoe
                No need to explain

Comment

• Tut tut chatting Went to prep the bean bed, but finished up weeding everything but!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Topped up some planters of Geraniums with hoss muck & put them in place, moved some pots into the tunnel ready for planting out, cleaned out greenhouse guttering in case it rains..........messed about with some settings on the android box, cleared greenhouse bed & planted 3 Toms in their final place, set drippers for them so fingers crossed we don't get a frost.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      Tut tut chatting Went to prep the bean bed, but finished up weeding everything but!
                      Its only the Rant thread that's No Chat - that's why I never post on it

I've potted up some beans, made space in GH No 2 for more tomatoes, picked some bolted leeks which are about to be transformed into .............summat leeky. Soup maybe?
                      Played with the dogs, mooched around in the sun, done 2 lots of washing and generally done very little to chat about!
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 06-05-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Slid my gutter peas out under the frame and either wisely or stupidly I planted out my tomato plants too (time will tell)
                        Watered the strawberries and they seem a lot happier now they had some time to settle after the move, just waiting to hear back from the site rep about my greenhouse so should be able to get that up next weekend *Fingers crossed*

Comment

• Made a couple of cages, one for my sprouts and one for my VVS entries

Comment

• Yesterday was another full day of digging - in glorious sunshine.

Today was rather chilly so no digging for me. OH and the neighbour have put up a new fence between the two gardens so I would have been in the way anyway

I've built and stained two planters and built / put up my blowaway as well as temporarily potting on rhubarb, blackcurrant and gooseberry until the ground is ready. Still have strawberries to permanently home and asparagus to temporarily home but I ran out of MPC.

At least I can now start hardening things off!

I keep meaning to sort out some before and after (or at least currently after) pics for you all - I'll get there I promise

p.s. thanks 1bee - I'll have a look at mattocks. The soil is clay after about half a metre so that's where I'm digging down to. The top layer is quite crumbly, once un-compacted! I have been watering to help us along though

Comment

• Unplanned long stint on the plot getting rid of pesky bindweed and burning it

Planted out Runner beans, peas and some flowers.
                              https://roosorganicallotment.wordpress.com/
                              Growing by trial and error in Kent

Comment

• Watered.

Fixed the brassica tunnel and propped up the fleece over the charlottes. Reinforced the woven Hazel 'windows' and 'door' of the bean teepee. Planted up a strawberry in a milk jug.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X