Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I picked up the nice oval wide Dalek at the end of the line on the right this afternoon from Sue in Chipstead and dropped it down to my Mill Green allotment.

The large sack that I could just about lift of grass was hot to the touch and steaming as I used it to fill the new Dalek up to the top of it's little hatch with alternating layers of shredded paper and comfrey as an activator.

The paper supply on the plot is now exhausted, so look's like I need to do a little more clearing out in the office at home to produce more brown material.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cadalot; 30-04-2017, 06:29 AM.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• I like your approach to re-use Daleks! Just what The Doctor ordered!! I have rehoused one of mine,I already have two pallet compost bins so don't need the dalek, I gave it to a new allotmenteer, he then showed me his latest aqusition, a Viking 3.5hp rotovator, which he got for free,my favorite price!
      He happened to be at the tip getting rid of an old mattress, when he noticed in the car next to him the rotovator, he asked if the gentleman was throwing it out,he said yes,so asked if he could have it. After taking it home, he serviced it with the only thing needing replacing was the primer bubble and fuel pipes which had perished, nice find.
      Well, I must finish eating my grapes, as the punnet they came in is needed for my collection of ice cream container propagators.
      The tub is evident, but the cover I got from the grapes punnet without a lid, covered with a cellophane outer, some have holes just in the bottom( becomes the top ) with others in the side as well, cover with sellotape if need be.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cheapskate chaz; 01-05-2017, 12:50 PM.
      Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

• Morning all - looks like it is going to be a nice day. Will have to go and get a leg in a pant shortly. Lots of potting on yesterday, planted first batch of runner beans (mmmmm - my favourite) in modules and then went to the plot. "An hour spent hand weeding will pay dividends in a month's time" (top tip on GW) - gosh I bloomin' well hope so! But my onions and garlic are pristine now. Planted out a second batch of broad beans, gave them a good water and then mulched with lawn clippings. Let's see if it makes a difference.

Comment

• Rain stopped play at lunchtime but it's the first proper drop we've had in quite a while. New rain barrel installed just in time. Runner beans survived a rather blustery night. Potted on some sweet peas and some sunflowers. Weeded one bed. As it's a bank holiday weekend I've taken an early bath with refreshments. No doubt I'll be blathering on later
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• I always end up growing more plants than I have room for.

Gave away the first spare plants of the year this morning, some strawberry, tomato and chilli plants.

Comment

• Potted on Toms, cucumbers, courgettes, chard and perennial spinach. Then gave daughter my spare Telephone peas seedlings.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Started off the day with my favourite activity.........a Bacon Sarny.............then went out to collect a lawnmower that was spotted on Gumtree. On the way back, called off at a pond I saw on goggle earth, arrived just in time to see a lovely 15lb Mirror Carb being caught. Have just taken delivery of 22 bags of well rotted manure..........a good day was had by all.
                Last edited by Bigmallly; 30-04-2017, 04:07 PM.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Spent the day digging out a horrible huge grass plant.

Never again!

Fon

Comment

• Smoke it next time ?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Moving slow because of a cold. Passed on some surplus tomato plants to a friend. Put chitted sweetcorn into pots. Cultivated a narrow border under the bean tunnel. Sowed runners. Potted on brassicas.

Comment

• Done a few improvement tweaks to the sales barrow. The money box on it has had it's new colour scheme for the season.
                        Layed out all the plants that are going into the tunnel bed, but not planted yet ( tomorrow).
                        Put up my 5 bean and pea wigwams.

Comment

• I am so so so so late! Onions going out today after finishing the space for them. This is in the bed I've been loaned for the season. It's completely dry, and chock full of all the weeds I hate - it might not have been such a great idea to borrow this one!

Putting up the bean arches and some of the munties this afternoon. And having another marathon sowing session.
                          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• On the Spencer Road allotment plot 23B early about 7:30 to miss the rain that was due and arrived between 10 and 11. Delivered the shelf and fixed the supports on the sides of the extension but forgot to take the hinges, so hinges and toggle to hold it when in the up position to be fitted on the next visit.

Still didn't get around to planting the next bed of spuds as the weeds had started to take over the Japanese Onion bed and needed to come out as they don't need any competition. The other bed that has the Coco compost mix on has hardly any weeds, so perhaps I should mulch around the Japanese onions.

Not enough time let to get into any serious digging so I decided to start re arranging the paving slabs where the greenhouse is destined to go. the 300mm wide strip will now go on the boundary with my neighbours plot.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Grabbed a spare water butt and jerry-rigged (as is my default position vs a vis DIY) some guttering alongisde my plot greenhouse. I've got quite an abundance of water collecting objects now. Couple more spuds into MFBs. Two bin bags of nettles and docks into tte weed barrels. Just had a bite to eat - now to fit some growlights and heated propagator into the GH at home to help the chillies along.
                              Last edited by Baldy; 01-05-2017, 10:28 AM. Reason: typooooo
                              sigpic

Comment

• Yeay! it rained!! that`s the watering done
                                Last edited by cheapskate chaz; 01-05-2017, 12:54 PM.
                                Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X