Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the weekend I moved all the chilli/plants outside on the patio. The conservatory was ideal for them but found I was losing a lot of flowers head. Think I might be to heaving handed polluting them.
    Yesterday a bird dropped a feather so it's now my pollinating tickler and have only lost 1 flower today��

Comment

• Potted on a load of chillies into final pots in last few days.. Have lots now producing fruit including Bangalore Whippets Tale, Orange Jalapeno, Fresno and others
      On the negative side, I am still battling greenfly😑
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jacks10 View Post
        At the weekend I moved all the chilli/plants outside on the patio. The conservatory was ideal for them but found I was losing a lot of flowers head. Think I might be to heaving handed polluting them.
        Yesterday a bird dropped a feather so it's now my pollinating tickler and have only lost 1 flower today😃

this morning I had to move them all back inside as they had taken a battering. Before the school run I was ramanging in the the shed getting string and bamboos sticks to support them. Not got many flowers left now

Comment

• I always hand pollenate them in the conservatory to reduce any hybrids forming and also because im tight and want maximum yields so use a cotton bud on each plant and then dispose after single use

Comment

• My flowers have also disappeared in the wind

Comment

• the plant will grow now and then reflower again.. you will still get a good crop

Comment

• Originally posted by damian1225 View Post
                I always hand pollenate them in the conservatory to reduce any hybrids forming and also because im tight and want maximum yields so use a cotton bud on each plant and then dispose after single use
                Unless you are saving seed cross pollinating isn't an issue. Even saving seed you wouldn't require every pod to be pure so why dispose after single use?

Fruit produced on plants this year that have been pollinated by a different chilli variety won't show any different traits ....only if you sow the seed next year from seed saved from cross pollinated pods will you seed some different traits appearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                  Tunnel is up
                  Chillies have started going in. A few more to pot up before they move.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74006[/ATTACH]

I still have a little space. I don't think for very long!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74007[/ATTACH]

View from other end look through to my other tunnel, obviously gardeners little helper was there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74008[/ATTACH]
                  Nice!

You must be well "Buzzing"
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                    Nice!

You must be well "Buzzing"
                    Thanks Deano. I am quiet pleased . Think I need a few more chillies !!!!!

I must resist!!!

Comment

• one of the reaper plants has a couple growing! im scared
                      412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

• Apologies if this question has been answered previously. Having just got back after a week away I notice my chillies...Apache and Basket of Fire...have flowers appearing. Problem is they are still small plants. Should I nip the flower buds out?
                        sigpic

Comment

• I have about 5 peppers now on my plant. Not sure if the they are ready to be picked. I have no other flowers shooting up.
                          Also moved it back outside again as the winds have calmed down here at South coast and no bad weather for a short while!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                            Apologies if this question has been answered previously. Having just got back after a week away I notice my chillies...Apache and Basket of Fire...have flowers appearing. Problem is they are still small plants. Should I nip the flower buds out?
                            Jay! I would! Give them chance to bulk up a little!
                            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Thanks Deano, thought as much but just wanted to double check!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Same idea but with morrisons flower buckets and penny sweet tubs from newsagents

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X