X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cuffbertt View Post
    6 is way more than I could ever need! It's all so exciting

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74429[/ATTACH]
    you'd be surprised how many you can use once you start making hot sauce and chilli flakes lol

Next year will be 12 plants!

Comment

• My first pepper picked!!! Bit on the small side. It wasn't going to grow any bigger as it some lumps on it it.
      There are 4 more on the plant mostly green still but have gone to proper size and no lumps!!!
      This is the plant I started to grow in late summer early autumn and left it dormant upstairs hardly watered and pot wrapped up in bubble wrap!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Congratulations, Jacks10!

Comment

• Is it normal for a few of the first flowers to just randomly fall off after the flower has finished?

Comment

• I've harvested some of my Padrón peppers, which are my first of the season. More of various varieties on the way.

Just a question. I've eaten Padrón peppers many a time, slightly blackened in scorching oil, then sprinkled with sea salt. Delicious. Over the years, people have told me how you occasionally get a hot one. Never happened, and I assumed it was urban myth. But the peppers I picked from my own plants were all hot. Even more delicious, to my mind, but what gives? How come the ones I buy in the supermarket or in restaurants are never hot, but these all seem to be? Are there different sub-species of Padrón peppers? Or is it due to different harvesting age, maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
              Is it normal for a few of the first flowers to just randomly fall off after the flower has finished?
              yes .....give the flowers a little tickle with fingers or paintbrush to set the chillies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                yes .....give the flowers a little tickle with fingers or paintbrush to set the chillies.
                Yeah, I have been giving them a tickle yet on some plants theyre still falling after the flowers have died.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                  Yeah, I have been giving them a tickle yet on some plants theyre still falling after the flowers have died.
                  have you given them a weak feed.,that might help.

Comment

• Reaper now flowering. Taken really well to the heat and plenty of water with feed.
                    Little pepper plant growing a nice pepper too

412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                      have you given them a weak feed.,that might help.
                      Yeah they've had a feed of chiili focus.

Comment

• My Pot Black chilli plant.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pot Black 20170622.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	2373262

Comment

• Cayenne(yes I know they grow like weeds, but it's my first one).....................
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Cayenne.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	2373267

Comment

• I've neglected mine so much. I am hanging my head in shame. All credit to the tiny plants that have stuck with me in the same pots since February....they are all going into large, well-fed homes today and moving into the greenhouse for maximum protection from the dratted wind.

Fingers crossed I get a few fruit this year. The one that I have looked after, Zimbabwe Black, I don't actually like - I don't like the fiddly little chillies and these are tiny pointy chaps.
                            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                              I've neglected mine so much. I am hanging my head in shame. All credit to the tiny plants that have stuck with me in the same pots since February.....
                              Join the club I've been so busy, plants are getting neglected! Not like me but also have double a level stress going on in the house!

Comment

• What happens to the plants at the end of season? Do they die and are thrown or can they be saved for next season?
                                412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X