Clear All

• My first harvest of the year. The pickling has started

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	2373343

Comment

• I too have started picking my chillis and peppers plus I early picked a carrot (not ready yet )will leave the rest and a couple of spring onions thrown in as well.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Thought I would add a couple of pictures of my progress so far, my plants are pretty much all doing really well, nice strong plants its rare I see mine this good so early in the season..

Name:	p1.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	2373371Click image for larger version

Name:	p2.jpg
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	2373372Click image for larger version

Name:	p3.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	2373373

Comment

• Good looking crops there guys, mine have flowers at long last. Seem to be taking ages. Any chance of peeps naming their chillies if they are adding photos...would love to know what they are for choosing what to grow next season.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
            Good looking crops there guys, mine have flowers at long last. Seem to be taking ages. Any chance of peeps naming their chillies if they are adding photos...would love to know what they are for choosing what to grow next season.
            In mine it was Lemon drop plant, Ohnivec, Apache in that order

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
              My first harvest of the year. The pickling has started

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74565[/ATTACH]
              SP that's a gorgeous photo, looks like it should be on a magazine cover! What varieties are they? The purple ones look rather like my Filius Blue and the pale green ones look a bit like my Sugar Rush but not exactly.

Do you pickle a lot, then? What does that involve? Obviously vinegar but do you slice or leave them whole? Add other spices e.g. peppercorns?

Comment

• Thanks Damien. I grew Apache last year but they were not nearly as big as yours!
                sigpic

Comment

• Easier to include a link to an album instead for pictures, mods please remove if not allowed.

https://imgur.com/gallery/q91R7

Haven't posted for ages guys, sorry my computer screen broke so I've had to do everything by mobile -.-

Plants that I currently have
                  Wilds;
                  rhombodeum
                  cap 498
                  cap 1488
                  CGN 23258
                  Superhot ;
                  7 pot brain strain
                  Black naga
                  Bhut jolokia
                  Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
                  Other
                  Aji pineapple
                  Aji lemon
                  Peppadew/milawi piquante
                  Scotch bonnet
                  Orange habanero

I'm growing almost compeletely hydroponically now, much easier space wise for me. Had some issues with sunburn which is why some are lacking leaves /looking ropey. Brain strain and rhombodeum are showing signs of bleaching or possibly iron deficiency, which makes sense as my water pH is around 8, and my TDS count is around 800. Using calcium nitrate and Epsom salts as foliar feed.
                  Last edited by Sappidis; 30-06-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Picture does do it any justice but this is 3 reaper plants around 4 foot high with loads of flowers but no chillis!

412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                      Where did you get your Reapers? I really hope I'm wrong, but looking at this picture and the one from your previous post, they look more like annuums than chinenses. Hopefully for you I have no idea what I'm talking about and they will be perfect Reapers!
                      How can you tell? It's usually very difficult to tell them apart other than size and then the fruit....with photos it's even harder.

Comment

• Plenty of time for flowers Mic! what are you feeding with?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                          SP that's a gorgeous photo, looks like it should be on a magazine cover! What varieties are they? The purple ones look rather like my Filius Blue and the pale green ones look a bit like my Sugar Rush but not exactly.

Do you pickle a lot, then? What does that involve? Obviously vinegar but do you slice or leave them whole? Add other spices e.g. peppercorns?
                          The purple ones are pretty in purple very very similar ( if not the same thing ? ) to fillus blue. I grow fillus blue last year. Pale green is Hungarian hot wax. The others are Hungarian black, spike and one lonely jalapeņo.

Using this recipe. Closest I could find to last years recipe, which HE didn't save or can't find on his tablet!
                          ( I really should just do everything myself )
                          Quick Pickled Jalapeno Rings Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I reduced the amount of salt.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000452.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	2373399
                            Not chillis ,but peppers ..
                            Semaroh....i think

Comment

• Here are a few of mine!

Name:	IMG_2362 (2).jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2373404

The "Nigel's Outdoor" is thriving!

Name:	IMG_2364 (2).jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	2373405

In amongst others all full of flower! I am an "Happy Bunny"

Name:	IMG_2367 (4).jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	2373406

Well Chuffed, and as of yet aphid free!

Have I just "Scuppered It"
                              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Plenty of time for flowers Mic! what are you feeding with?
                                basic liquid feed from homebase, brown tub. just slosh it in the water supply every now and then
                                412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X