Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks tbl. I m planning to sow sweet banana , bhut jolokia chocolate, scotch bonnet, orange jalapeno. We just bought a house. So as of now I don't have any equipment for gardening except few pots .

Comment

ok sounds good ,the only prob you might have with those is all apart from the sweet banana (i think) is they are super hots and they have an 8-9 month growing season thats why all the chilliheads on here have heated propergators to help them germinate the seeds this time of year but there is nothing wrong with putting them in pots on your windowsill and see what happens ,good luck ,cheers
      The Dude abides.

Comment

Just sown ( on the 28th ) my second lot of chilli seeds.
        Habanero
        Scotch bonnet
        Scotch bonnet yellow
        Rooster spur
        Spike

Here's a quick update on last months sowing

Fatalii jigsaw
        Dorset Naga
        Black Naga
        Jays peach ghost Scorpion
        Attached Files

Comment

I didnt get lights for Christmas but regardless I'm going to start off a few "just to test germination"

SKG, if you haven't got a propagator have you got a warm airing cupboard you could use?
          Newshoots - love that list but I can see it will be much longer by the end of Feb!
          SP, where did you get your Jays peach?

Comment

...and those seedlings look fantastic. Me? Jealous?.! Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              I didnt get lights for Christmas
              SP, where did you get your Jays peach?
              I think Santa Should be getting his P45 for that outrageous oversight
              Jays peach I got form Nicky's nursery

...and those seedlings look fantastic. Me? Jealous?.! Yep!
              Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                I think Santa Should be getting his P45 for that outrageous oversight ;
                To be fair, I had a long list They chose what was easiest to get!

Comment

?

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                  If you can get posting, the VSP has a a huge selection. (If I remember rightly...) I remember it as being the stuff that dreams are made of...
                  Sorry, whats the VSP?

Thanks!

Comment

Look in the seed swap thread. There will be a chilli and tomato VSP seed list up soon.
                    You can look in the old VSP for the chilli and Tom list to give you an idea.
                    Though there won't be swapping of regular cayennes/tesco/supermarket chillies for interesting varieties.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...cel_83432.html
                    Last edited by Scarlet; 30-12-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I have the following seeds -

Cayenne -
                      Black Hungarian
                      Hot Portugal
                      Jalapeno
                      Tam Jalpeno
                      Santa Fe Grande -
                      PEPPERONCINI
                      SWEET PEPPER - RED CHERRY

I won't be sowing until the end of Jan same as last year.

Comment

I never sow this early...but just 2 seeds won't hurt
                        Last edited by Scarlet; 30-12-2016, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks Scarlet

I have enough on my plate so far this year lol Prehaps I'll open that dangerous door to VSP this time next year.

Roll on late Jan!

Comment

What about joining one of the seed circles? The chilli circle isn't as popular as the tomato circle as you need yo isolate the plant...but it's not that difficult. The new circles will be starting up in a few weeks.

Comment

What about joining one of the seed circles? The chilli circle isn't as popular as the tomato circle as you need yo isolate the plant...but it's not that difficult. The new circles will be starting up in a few weeks.
                              Sorry for my ignorance. Do I need to isolate chilli varieties. What is minimum length?. Thanks

Comment

If you just want to eat the chillies growing them side by side is fine.
                                If you want to save your own seed the following year it's best to put the plant you want to save from in an isolated room, or bag some of the flowers with some of those little wedding favour bags to ensure the flowers self pollinate.this way you can grow the plant again next year. If you don't isolate the flowers the plants can cross, sometimes you can get interesting varieties, other times they don't fare do well. I like to know what I'm growing, I'm not too keen on growing surprises.
                                If you don't want to save seed ignore me!.....but seed saving is addictive, you may fancy having a go!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X