X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
    My thoughts too!
    I find them really, really hot! Fantastic for salsa.

Jack my satans kiss were small but we're pretty prolific on the plant....

Comment

My thoughts too!
      The Satans Kiss Sparrow ?

Yes Scarlet , plenty of fruit and quite hot but really disapointed as the sole reason for growing was that the Italians stuff them with cheese n stuff, not here tho.
      The Manzano however gave more than golf ball size so looking forward to trying them again.

Like i said earlier in the season though, the manzano outside did a real lot better than the one inside, almost non comparable, will try both in and out again.

Comment

This is my first year of growing chillies (i tried last year with a couple but failed. My fault though) and so my list isn't the biggest but it's a start.

Scotch Bonnet Red
        Hungarian Hot Wax
        Ring of Fire
        Jalapeno
        Cayenne Long Slim red
        Numex Twighlight
        Guindilla
        Razzamatazz Pepper
        California Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
          Scarlet, you said you want photos, so here is my current set up

Garland 7 windowsill heated propagator with IKEA growlight. To the left of the propagator pods you can see the plastic bags holding the chinense seeds. At the far left you can just see the clear plastic box with black lid which holds the remaining Peter pepper seeds (in tissue inside.) Soon the growlight won't be enough so I'm thinking of getting a T5 HO or two.
          Did you have to buy the light and it's stand separately? I'm thinking of getting one for next year.

Comment

into next year sowing:

Joes Long
            Apache
            Chenzo
            Padron

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
              Did you have to buy the light and it's stand separately? I'm thinking of getting one for next year.
              Yes, and it's not cheap, so I probably wouldn't recommend it, but it was kind of an impulse buy having gone there for shelving units! The stand is designed to clip onto their own propagator (which is unheated so not much good for chillies) so it's very unstable (precariously balanced) in the Garland 7. I've since seen that they do a longer one, which would be better as it would presumably light the whole Garland 7 not just half of it.

Comment

Originally posted by elfeda1 View Post
                into next year sowing:

Joes Long
                Apache
                Chenzo
                Padron
                Have you grown Chenzo before? I'm going to try it in 2017 for the first time, as it sounds interesting and, hopefully, useful.

Comment

Not grown any chillies before, so dipping my toe in the water this coming year with Suttons Peruvian Lemon Drop and Jalepeno. Hopefully if I've been a good boy(doubtful lol) Santa is getting me an electric propagator so first the onion and leek seeds will go in over the Xmas period. Once they have got past the loop stage my Chillies will go in(probably in February). I have 10 of each seed so I will sow half of each type and sow the rest(subject to germination success)March or April. I intend to compare early and later sowings against each other and see how they go as to whether I try over wintering any in the conservatory.

Comment

Burnie beware, chilli growing is addictive. In another couple of years you'll have no room for anything else in your house/garden!

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post

Red Manzano for hopefully stuffing( satans kiss a right let down last season, plenty of ripe fruit bur golf ball size my asterix)
                      My thoughts too!
                      I did warn ye
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

Red Manzano may have to find some seeds

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                          Red Manzano may have to find some seeds
                          They will be in your chilli seed parcel ive got plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                            Have you grown Chenzo before? I'm going to try it in 2017 for the first time, as it sounds interesting and, hopefully, useful.
                            Chenzo are wonderful chillies. They're the first one I ever grew and they make gorgeous arching plants with the black then red chillies. Nice amounts of heat too and they grew happily on my north-facing balcony - though it was a lovely hot summer. I had about 100 chillies per plant.

It's only that they are an F1 which stops me growing them over and over. I resent having to buy the seeds. I tried saving and growing the F2 but only 1 in 20 plants looked right. The rest were a washout.
                            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                              The Satans Kiss Sparrow ?
                              Yes, my plant was really duff, though I treated many of the chillies badly this year. Then it got something brown and disgusting on it and I binned the whole thing.

I might give it another go next year, depends on how itchy my fingers get at seed-sowing time.
                              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                They will be in your chilli seed parcel ive got plenty.
                                Thank you Scarlet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X