No announcement yet.

Scrapheap Challenge

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish I could get my a**e in gear and get on with my keyhole plot the way you have, Snadger! I've still only got one bed 'done', and it's got a drainage ditch for a path and a muddy puddle for a 'keyhole'
    He-Pep!

Comment

• After work this evening I put the six paving flags I had collected into there new positions. I also unloaded twelve 'sets' I intend using for the keyhole surround and put them roughly in position. They need to be dug in so that they are just above paving stone level, then the centre of the circle concreted up to paving level and artwork scribed into the surface.
      I'll have a bit of a play about with them but I reckon a couple of inches above paving level wil do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20161217_001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	2376000

The piccie below just shows the position of a four foot wide bed (where wheelbarrow is) which will be surrounded by paving once I get some more paving on site. I will probably edge this bed with Pantiles to make it into a raised bedClick image for larger version

Name:	WP_20161220_001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	2376001
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Snadger; 28-12-2017, 06:20 PM.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Spent an hour with a trowel digging in the sets that surround the keyhole and trying to get 10 sets to form a circle (Not easy)
        Manged eventually but need my spirit level to level them. I can then mix up a batch of concrete to infill with and get arty farty in the middle!
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Why is it that when I think of inscribing this into wet concrete:

DClick image for larger version

Name:	WP_20161007_001.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	2376002

VC springs to mind!

:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Snadger; 28-12-2017, 06:23 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Took spirit level and levelled key-hole edging. Threw some scrap metal into bottom of hole to get rid of it as I've got plenty and to strengthen concrete when I fill hole.
            Dug two more rows of Desiree spuds. Sat in summerhouse and sorted into useable, slug damaged,too small and next years seed. Only 5 spuds slug damaged and very few small unuseable ones.
            Depending on weather and whether cement has went off in my shed, I may pinch some gravel from the allotment track and along with sand and cement fill in the centre of the keyhole I've just levelled. Putting artwork into wet cement should prove interesting!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              Why is it that when I think of inscribing this into wet concrete:-[ATTACH=CONFIG]69175[/ATTACH]

VC springs to mind!
              Fancy a game of Mayan/Aztec "football" Snadge?

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                They invented Lacrosse I believe ? It was used to prepare the young bucks for war with one tribe against another on a pitch the size of the Serengetti!

No rules, but basically, you beat the crap out of the opposition and stole the ball!

PS They had no body protection or crash helmets unlike todays Lacrosse and American football woosies!
                Last edited by Snadger; 05-10-2016, 07:12 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I'm thinking of the game they played with the heads of their captors
                  Bet they used pointy sticks on them too

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Old rules or new rules?

The original rules had the winning team sacrificed (lots of nil nil draws)
                    Rules got changed to the looser gets sacrificed (lots more action after that)

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Will you lot stop tangetising my thread!

Oops, just realised that I started it!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        Will you lot stop tangetising my thread!

Oops, just realised that I started it!
                        Seems you started I'll continue

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        I'm thinking of the game they played with the heads of their captors
                        Bet they used pointy sticks on them too
                        No pointy sticks - just rubber balls.

Made by wrapping latex round a skull.

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        They invented Lacrosse I believe ?
                        I think Lacrosse was North American/Canadian tribes

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                          Seems you started I'll continue

No pointy sticks - just rubber balls.

Made by wrapping latex round a skull.

I think Lacrosse was North American/Canadian tribes
                          Semantics!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Well, I am now a MOM and this goes hand in hand with being a nutter! Anyone who spotted me at the allotment this evening would have called for the men in white coats the reason being:-

I mixed a bag of sand with a half a bag of cement in a whelbarrow and with the aid of a bucket added it to my key-hole on top of some scrap metal i had added for strength. I then realised this wasn't enough to fill a three foot diameter circle to the height I wanted. So I mixed another bag of sand and the other half bag of the cement up. The problem was, I added too much water and with no sand or cement left couldn't do anything about it.
                            I poured this sloppy mess on top of the other batch and floated it off.

I then got my drawing and tried to inscribe an Inca head into the sloppy mess with a cane end. I kept looking around in all directions in case anybody spotted me. If they did i would have just stood up, whistled nonchalantly, and walked away.

I managed to inscribe it in a fashion but the cement was far too wet. I'm hoping that by tomorrow evening the cement won't have went fully off and I'll be able to do a better job.
                            I was quite impressed with how scaling the drawing up had worked and it looked in proportion.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• From the fact that you feel the need to reinforce the standing circle which is made from concrete cast into the ground means that the diet is off?

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Hm, standing stones, now there's an idea....................

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                                From the fact that you feel the need to reinforce the standing circle which is made from concrete cast into the ground means that the diet is off?
                                Just a way of getting rid of scrap off the plot, after all it was scrapheap challenge.

Anyway.........don't dis ya MOM!

Actually, you've just given me an idea...........standing stones.............hmm.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X