No announcement yet.

Scrapheap Challenge

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returned to the scrapheap today. Moved a load of pantiles out of the way and planted some lavendar bushes in front of the chicken run. I thought it might mask the stink a bit on a warm day (Not that my chooks are smelly)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180507_161140-1377x2448[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	2378138

After a tussle managed to get the auld polytunnel cover on, only to have to take it off again because it was inside out. Its been lying by the side of the frame all winter and was minging. As I had no shirt on with the heat I finished up minging and dirty! So much so that I took my soap to the standpipe and had a top end bath in cold water, that certainly cooled me down!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180507_164647-1377x2448[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	2378139
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Sowed a couple of rows of two different types of swede this evening. One was a standard purple topped variety and the other was a green topped variety I've never grown before.

I like to try new things each year. Life would be so boring without experimentation
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• *facepalm* Swede! I knew I'd forgotten to sow something....

Comment

• Spent an hour on Saturday at my new plot and sprayed the lot off.

Sowed lots of brassicas at the Scrapheap for to transplant in the new plot.I may just practice what I preach and not dig the new plot. I'll probably use cardboard to cover the area I am planting and just punch holes through it to plant the brassicas.
          I also have loads of Yacon plantlets so may plant a Yacon hedge between myself and my neighbour.!

Did an inventory of my chooks I need to get rid of soon.

My flock consists of:-

Two Cockerels
          Two large fowl Lavander Auracanas
          Two cream Legbars
          Two LF white
          Two LF brown
          Two LF black
          Two black bantams
          One Game hen
          One white bantam
          One LF Cuckoo Maran
          One LF Light brown

Can't take them with me so will have to advetrise them on Gumtree.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Called in to the Scrapheap after visiting OH as its on my way home from the Hospital.
            The reason I called there was to pick up some blue debri-netting to use on my new plot to try and save my spring cabbage from pigeons. Something has attacked the broad beans and the onion sets I planted so I might finish up covering most of the new plot.

The old scrapheap is still looking OK and I will probably hang on to it for another year. Its full of weeds but I managed to eradicate most of the perennial weeds so a couple of days graft on a nice sunny spring days should see it looking better than most of the plots on the site.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Victor Meldrew eat your heart out "I don't believe it" I think most of the piccies have returned from this thread. I may even read right through it to get re-enthused.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X