X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting! Hope it's good, Snadger.

Comment

• Sounds like a nice bonus Snadger..
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

• Hope its not too neat and tidy, Snadge.

Comment

• I've forgotten what TPS is.... Its driving me mad...

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
            I've forgotten what TPS is.... Its driving me mad...
            = True Potato Seed

Comment

• Got my new plot today. Got funny looks off the Secretary when I said "Ooh, I'm looking forward to getting stuck in"
              Apparently four people have had the plot in the last year!

Its got a greenhouse which is pretty much devoid of glass and a shed that looks like its ready to fall down.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20180428_125616-2448x1377[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	2377505
              Picky from corner shows the fence which is made from pallet wood but is really well made and straight.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180428_125552-2448x1377[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	2377503

Someone has added raised beds which even have little sticker on the corners with what was supposed to go in them, but never did!

Name:	20180428_125751-2448x1377[1].jpg
Views:	3
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	2377504
              All in all its a big plot which looks a lot worse than it is.

Because i can only get to it each Saturday next saturday I am gouing to do a bit of strimming.
              Organic gardeners look away now!

Name:	20180428_125743-2448x1377[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	2377506
              I am an organic gardener on my present plot but I am then going for a single application of weedkiller to give me a clean start. Depending on how weedy the raised beds are I may just dig the weeds out on these and plant them up straight away though.

I love it, and the best part is.....................(I don't know whether they took pity on me) but I got it for a tenner a year!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Looks perfect for you, Snadge.
                Can't wait to see what theme you use here.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Looks perfect for you, Snadge.
                  Can't wait to see what theme you use here.
                  Sorry to disappoint VC but no themes yet. This is going to be basic gardening working with what i have for this year Until those cock eyed beds start to aggravate me, and get as much growing on the plot as possible. There is clubroot on the site, but if the plot hasn't been used much i may have escaped it...........time will tell. No pigeons though and there are loads of uncovered brassicas doing well
                  The couple of blokes I've met are chatty and there seems to be a good atmosphere.
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I didn't really expect you to have a theme in mind yet - they have to develop over time. I can't see it being an all in rows traditional plot though!!

Comment

• That’s great.

At least you can fully embrace your retirement home with a nearby plot. Looks like it will keep you out of trouble licking it into shape

Comment

• Looks quite a good fit to the new renter... best of luck with it.
                        sigpic
                        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Fertility looks good, Snadger. I'm sure you'll lick it into shape.

There's clubroot on our site, too. I read that liming, and growing on in pots to good sizes before planting out helps a lot? I just know that at the end of the year I'll pull some plants up with obvious clubroot effects, while their neighbours are prefectly healthy but I wouldn't have actually been able to tell the difference in cropping..

I may end up using weedkiller on our second half of the plot. Sometimes it's a reasonable intervention.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                            Fertility looks good, Snadger. I'm sure you'll lick it into shape.

There's clubroot on our site, too. I read that liming, and growing on in pots to good sizes before planting out helps a lot? I just know that at the end of the year I'll pull some plants up with obvious clubroot effects, while their neighbours are prefectly healthy but I wouldn't have actually been able to tell the difference in cropping..

I may end up using weedkiller on our second half of the plot. Sometimes it's a reasonable intervention.
                            I asked what the raised beds had been filled with.................apparently, compost!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I think i'd be looking to beg, borrow or steal a rotovator for 6 months if I was in your shoes - just stack the wood for the raised beds to one side and keep ploughing backwards and forwards.
                              One things for sure, there's no lack of fertility in that soil, so when you get it back in hand you'll certainly be able to grow stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickdub View Post
                                I think i'd be looking to beg, borrow or steal a rotovator for 6 months if I was in your shoes - just stack the wood for the raised beds to one side and keep ploughing backwards and forwards.
                                One things for sure, there's no lack of fertility in that soil, so when you get it back in hand you'll certainly be able to grow stuff.
                                There is a portakabin with a rotavator on site if i need it! I just need to pay the petrol costs.
                                Not a big fan of rotovators though, so I think I will give it a miss.

The site is about two mile from my new home A bus stops at the allotments every half an hour The 'getty on' bus stop is 300 yards from my house. I haven't been on a bus for ages so If I want to, I can walk down, do a days graft and get the bus back when i am cream crackered. Even better still when I get my bus pass. I can then leave the car for OH.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X