No announcement yet.

Scrapheap Challenge

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that was symbolic and sons, Mr Symington and Mr B........

Comment

No piccies but I've been back on plot each night after work. Padlocked the gate and built up the fence last night and re-padlocked the gate tonight with a bigger padlock and chain!
      Swept out the broken glass and leaves from within the dilapidated greenhouse. Tried to figure out how I can build a new greenhouse by using the remaining glass panes. It looks like I may have to resort to corrugated perspex for the roof as there isn't enough glass left for even a cut down version of the old greenhouse.
      The more i think about it I think both huts are going to have to go and hopefully I will be left enough useable timber to build another hut at the wide end of allotment facing south.
      This should mean I have nothing shadowing the growing space and the shed and greenhouse will be in sun for most of the day!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Oh noooo Bearded Bloke.....I'm gonna have that song in my head for the next few hours now! Good record though
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Still forgot my camera. Well pleased with progress though! Heaps of hoss muck, panes of glass, demolished greenhouse and part demolished shed.
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

New idea for summerhouse with three 7 foot X 3 foot glass panes in frontage!

Probably around 16 foot long and 12 foot wide!

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_1 (3).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	2372416

With only three glass panes to one side and a small storage area to other side with a small veranda.

That's the revised plan, but knowing me it could still change!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Snadger; 04-05-2017, 08:20 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

More dereliction!

How shed was when I got there this evening from work after knocking three windows out last night and saving two of them:Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160307_006.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	2372417

How it looked at the end of my evenings work with a big bonfire going in the foreground! Open plan shed!

Name:	WP_20160307_013.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	2372418
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Snadger; 04-05-2017, 08:27 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Some piccies of the weekends work:-

Large greenhouse dismembered and cleared:-Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160307_002.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	2372419

Plenty of huge panes of toughened glass, but what to do with em?

Unfortunately I have to knock everything down to see what useable bits i have left to build summat with!

Name:	WP_20160227_015.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	2372420
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Snadger; 04-05-2017, 08:32 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I must be cracking up, I thought I'd posted this already. Anyway.........spotted this summerhouse and thought what a brilliant use for the mahoosive panes of glass I've managed to save from the tumbledown greenhouse If I could also salvage enough timber from the two tumbledown sheds to make a similar summerhouse, job would be a guddun!;

)Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57 (1).jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	2372421
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Snadger; 04-05-2017, 08:35 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Snadger - I'm curious about those packages in the shed, on the left. Please tell me what they are or I won't sleep tonight

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Snadger - I'm curious about those packages in the shed, on the left. Please tell me what they are or I won't sleep tonight
                      SHhhhhh...its a drugs stash VC!

No really...........TBH I'm not sure? I think they are insulation boards......soggy insulation boards. If i can burn them, thats where they'll go, on the fire. A bit like compressed cardboard sheets two foot square.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

What a disappointment
                        I thought it might be original works of art, like the 2 hanging on the walls, or wine boxes, or boxes of chocolate hobnobs or................

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          If i can burn them, thats where they'll go, on the fire. A bit like compressed cardboard sheets two foot square.
                          I thought they were ceiling tiles If they are be careful about burning them as I think some old types have nasties in, hopefully someone can shed more light.
                          Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 07-03-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                            hopefully someone can shed more light.
                            I Like it............You should be on stage NG..........
                            Last edited by Bigmallly; 07-03-2016, 09:43 PM.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                              I thought they were ceiling tiles If they are be careful about burning them as I think some old types have nasties in, hopefully someone can shed more light.
                              Nah, they ain't polystyrene or worse still asbestolux!I tried to pick one up and it fell apart in my hand. I'll see if there's any wording on the packaging then google it to find out what they are.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                What a disappointment
                                I thought it might be original works of art, like the 2 hanging on the walls, or wine boxes, or boxes of chocolate hobnobs or................
                                Dream on! I'll get a piccie of the work of art next time I'm there. One is a local scene from the now defunct pub up the road I think..............The Gardeners Arms!
                                Last edited by Snadger; 08-03-2016, 06:51 AM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X