Scrapheap Challenge

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapheap Challenge

Piccie of my new penthouse allotment! Looking in through my new gate!

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160227_001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	2404325

looking up the plot from inside the gate.

Name:	WP_20160227_002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	2404327

Two huge huts.
    Attached Files
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

....And there's more.

This ones from other end of plot Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160227_018.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	2371512

fully furnished.... Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160227_032.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	2371513

With woodburner..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Snadger; 13-03-2017, 08:04 PM.
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Looking from other corner..........Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160227_023.jpg
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	2372410

Towards fire hose Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160227_005.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	2372411
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Snadger; 04-05-2017, 08:03 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

What have i done?

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Nice GH Snadge. Won't take you long to lick that lot into shape..............

or is this your current plot?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Nice GH Snadge. Won't take you long to lick that lot into shape..............

or is this your current plot?
            Cheeky monkey........or is that Bigmally?

This is my new penthouse plot I'll have you know. I've actually given up a fully cultivated plot to take this on!

Been working on it all day and got rid of all the tree branches. The yellow boards are actually rotten so the 'plant through' idea has been shelved and they will be burned instead.

Lots of work, but these are the before picccies.........hopefully the after will look a bit better. Its a huge plot though, for the same rent as one of my old ones!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Good luck Snadge but I'm sure you won't need any.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Look forward to seeing some after piccies. I expect it to be fully productive by July - no, make that May, you're a fast worker

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Look forward to seeing some after piccies. I expect it to be fully productive by July - no, make that May, you're a fast worker
                  I must be fitter than I thought I was! I've been bow sawing branches and humping sopping wet 8X4 sheets of plywood, and shifted enough scrap metal to fill a skip all day and have very few aches and pains to show from it.

Name:	WP_20160227_015.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	2372476

I think I've been running on pure enthusiasm and will probably suffer for it tomorrow!

Very pleased with what I've got done today but I must try and get all the burning done by the end of March when the fire ban begins!

I'm right next to a wooded dene, so thats a bonus!

PS Just re-read this............the bonus of being next to the wooded dene is the birdsong and tranquility...............not the fact I could burn the forest down if I'm not careful!
                  Last edited by Snadger; 07-05-2017, 06:41 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

thats not a plot....its a town!

I'm assuming you're a man who likes a challenge because all that junk looks mighty daunting....especially since you gave up a cultivated plot for it (why oh why would you do that?)

I can't wait to see it transformed.
                    Please can you post progress pictures along the way?
                    http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I fell daunted just looking at it.

Was the previous tenant using it to store junk? Were they a hoarder? Have you come across any vermin in the hoard?

On the up side, it has a huge amount of potential and I'm looking forward to seeing it transformed.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]62191[/ATTACH]Two huge huts.
                        They're not huts Snagde, they are 2 cracking potting sheds...........I can just see all your seedlings looking out of those windows.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                          They're not huts Snagde, they are 2 cracking potting sheds...........I can just see all your seedlings looking out of those windows.
                          One was a den and the other believe it or not was a chicken coop for about 40 hens with 10 built in nest boxes! The left hand shed used to be three times the size it is now, but it's been pulled down/fell down, hence all the 8X4 boards. It has two mahoosive RSJ joists that its seated on!
                          I am only keeping the old chicken coop (right hand shed) but using it as a shed/workshop. Because its about 16 foot deep I intend setting the front back 4 foot but still have the roof overhang to give a raised porch/sitting area.Wood burner will also be reinstated in this shed.

I'll burn what i can, get the scrap man in for the junk,build a new chicken coop and run at the pointy end of plot and fill the plot with tatties, either planted through cardboard or through a layer of hoss muck!Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160227_017.jpg
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	2372479
                          Last edited by Snadger; 07-05-2017, 06:45 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Wow .................. I can understand why you had to do it. The huge amount of potential there. Then there's that greenhouse. Almost worth it just for that. All that fantastic re- useable stuff that has been abandoned.
                            So we will expect first progress report this time next week

Comment

I looks a lot of hard work Snadger but worth it in the end, its a huge more like a mine town with all those buildings
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X