Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you must be nuts

Comment

I echo what i said before........good luck, but i see it and really look forward to watching your progress
      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        ...the bonus of being next to the wooded dene is the birdsong and tranquility...
        That's exactly why we love our plot too! It's right next to the wall surrounding Hulne Park and this past week I have heard nothing but Blue & Great Tits, Greenfinch, Robin, Wooddpigeon, Dunnock, Wren all singing and a Great Spotted Woodpecker drumming....oh, and my neighbours pigeons cooing, chickens clucking away and the cockerel crowing

Your new plot looks VERY promising....must admit I wasn't daunted by them at all Under all that junk is a very exciting plot Clear/recycle the junk, plant a few tatties and get a loada flowers everywhere and it'll look great!
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Good progress after a couple of days graft:-

Most of the scrap in one pile for collection........... Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160227_024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	2372412

....Two full days of fire building and watching Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160227_050.jpg
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	2372413
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Snadger; 04-05-2017, 08:11 PM.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

View of area just about cleaned up and ready for planting..............

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160228_003.jpg
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	2372414

A bit of overkill with the RSJ's holding the hut up..Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160228_007.jpg
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	2372415
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Snadger; 04-05-2017, 08:15 PM.
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I knew you'd clear it in no time, Snadge - slash and burn - what man doesn't enjoy slash and burn? Brings boundless energy and great joy.

Barbecues are a well watered down version of it

All you need now is a bag of 'shmallows ....

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

I love areas like that just for a forage,that scrap looks like ally,can you take it in yourself for the money,you have certainly made a good impression on the plot,as for the shed with a side entrance and picture window,that would be good turned into a little home from home,chair,2 burner & grill,table,you get the drift,i done something like that with 1 of our sheds,looks like a tatty conservarory,good relaxing place/hidy hole,hope you not ache to much tomorrow.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Good job mucker!
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Look forward to seeing some after piccies. I expect it to be fully productive by July - no, make that May, you're a fast worker
                    Changed my mind - you'll have it sorted by April

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                      Looking from other corner..........[ATTACH=CONFIG]62195[/ATTACH]

Towards fire hose[ATTACH=CONFIG]62196[/ATTACH]

Full central heating included![ATTACH=CONFIG]62197[/ATTACH]
                      Hi SNADGER looking good but where do you grow owt do ya do it at home in tubs

Comment

Originally posted by 21up View Post
                        Hi SNADGER looking good but where do you grow owt do ya do it at home in tubs
                        I have two full size fully cultivated allotment plots, one of which I have given up this year for this one! My other plots have three greenhouses, a polytunnel and about twenty 4 foot X 15 foot beds. I also have about 1/4 of one of the plots with chickens in coops and runs.
                        Now i have given a plot up I only have two greenhouses and the other greenhouse and poly tunnel are coming to this plot.

You did ask!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Good and bad news today. I arrived at my new allotment this evening after work to find my pile of scrap had gone..........so had all the frameworks I was going to use for my chicken run......so had the diamond mesh for the same purpose along with a large metal shelving unit I had earmarked for another purpose.

I've been and bought a padlock for the gate now, but its like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. We have an old busy body on the site who practically lives there and gets involved in things that don't concern him and who I feel is responsible.I shall be having a word in his shell like
                          I need to prioritise on getting the fence built up on the side of the plot now as unfortunately that's another entry point I need to keep the codger out of! I suppose it saves me from contacting a scrap man, but at least I would have been on site to see what had been taken.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Snadger,that is soul destroying,karma will find him out,i know it's only an allotment but,the feeling are the same as your home,to think a body has been on,never mind helping them selfs,have others had things go missing,have a word with the sites warden.
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

What a bummer, Snadge
                              If it was the old codger can you ask him for the money he had for the scrap metal, since you were going to sell it, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                What a bummer, Snadge
                                If it was the old codger can you ask him for the money he had for the scrap metal, since you were going to sell it, of course!
                                Silly old sod would have thought he was doing me a favour! I don't think he's the type that would have asked money for it.

God forbid I ever end up a codger!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X