No announcement yet.

Scrapheap Challenge

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought that too but didn't like to suggest it in case you'd run out of keys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
      We need you to start a diary / blog and record progress with loads of photographs.
      ..you mean like this.............
      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ies_88415.html
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I thought that too but didn't like to suggest it in case you'd run out of keys!
        If he had them he'd only leave them inside and have to shin over the fence again.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
          If he had them he'd only leave them inside and have to shin over the fence again.
          Been there, done that, got the bruises to prove it!
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Just a little something to put into the mix:

Keyholes, Raised Beds and Maximising Gardening Space - 3 Hyper Efficient Garden Layouts - Yoga with Priyan
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              ......on second thoughts, I could probably fit another keyhole garden in that section?
              If it was me, I'd offset the pond by two 'squares' so it was central, leaving four similar sized beds around it, and creating a more direct route past the greenhouse to the end of the plot...
              He-Pep!

Comment

• These gardens always look good and intersting from a PLAN view, but I want it to look good from ground level.
                Whichever way it evolves its going to be a lot of work as I would like to dig out the path areas to a spades depth and add the soil to the growing areas. If I was to use paving for the paths it would cost me a fortune. I have pan tiles I can use for some of the surrounds but once again it would cost a fortune to pan tile the edges.
                I also like to use straw to cover areas, which is cheap to buy but not particularily aesthetically pleasing.
                Lots of things to think about and thanks for the feedback.
                I am thinking the three main things to establish first are the shed, greenhouse and pond. These will need to be accurately positioned to allow for the rest of the plan to work.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                  If it was me, I'd offset the pond by two 'squares' so it was central, leaving four similar sized beds around it, and creating a more direct route past the greenhouse to the end of the plot...
                  That would be an optiona lso but I think it would make the plan view look a bit disjointed? Also the right sloped fence lineis shaded by the wood behind and the two smaller beds to the right of the pond would be for soft fruit, which can tolerate a bit of shade.
                  Rather than have a central wider path for wheel barrow toting I could also widen the path to the left of the plot.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Thanks to VC for merging a couple of my threads and keeping my plot 24 stuff all in one place. Looking forward to it developing and managed to blag another 20 paving flags today. Still quite a bit of demolishing to do...........but I'm quite used to that by now!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Let the show begin Snadge..............

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Gotta be better than X factor...
                        sigpic
                        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Things won't be moving ahead as fast as previously, as I needed to get the ground prepared and summat in it in the spring.
                          I may have to do the areas that become available as and when, and forgo my usual keeness to plant up ground as soon as it has been harvested.

I may as well add a few picies while I'm on.

Half the plot has been cleared of tatties and hopefully I can blag enough cardboard to cover it and keep the weeds down while I progress

This ugly bed has definately got to go! And probably the concrete path also!

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160318_007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	2373365

I can't get rid of my pumpkins yet either, (Mines coming up on the rails jay-el!)

Name:	WP_20160902_002.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	2373366
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Snadger; 29-06-2017, 05:45 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                            Gotta be better than X factor...
                            I'd rather watch paint dry!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Just thought I'd show a piccie of progress on the chicken coop.

I need to blag a couple of Tee hinges to allow me to hinge the side for cleaning out, make a pophole,and attach the tinsheeting to the roof. I have some proper creosote which I will paint the inside of the coop with to put paid to any pesky mites that may try to take up residence.
                              A nice little ladder to the pophole will finish it off. The little window will catch the morning light and tell them its time to get up and lay eggs!

Name:	WP_20160907_004.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	2373367

Courgettes have done well planted through cardboard and straw!With a surround bed of RSJ's (cos i couldn't move them any further!)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Snadger; 29-06-2017, 05:51 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• . Love the chicken coop ~ lucky gals..!
                                . Summer house looks cozy..!
                                . Tatties ~ what a lot you've got..!
                                . Courgettes are positively flourishing...!

All looking good Snadger
                                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X