Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorted out my seed tin, threw away some, found some I didn't remember buying and am going to get out the seed catalogue and see how many more packets I need ........
    Nannys make memories

Comment

Cleared the Strawberry beds of leaves & weeds, removed all the old leaves & mulched with manure.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        Spent the morning weeding & mulching Raspberries. The afternoon just lounging around doing nothing productive..................well, it is my B/Day after all............
        Well, very merry "Happy Returns" and belated wishes for yesterday BM!

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
          Phone call from the Mil, her neighbour has a 6 x 6 greenhouse she no longer wants and would I like it : )

So spent the afternoon dismantling it.....got nowhere for it but too good to refuse
          Can never refuse a free greenhouse GL!

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Took delivery of my seed potatoes today (Lady C). Never expected them till next month. Question is where should I store them?

Comment

I went to a garden centre and came out with some dessire and international kidney seed potatoes:-). Got mine in the bathroom in trays ready to start chitting.
              Last edited by noviceveggrower; 07-01-2015, 06:46 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

In a frost free environment in light! Don't stick em in the dark! As they'll just sprout long translucent shoots which ain't worth a dime!

The lighter the bulkier n fatter the "Chits" will be!

Yeah! A bit early! But "Tattie's" are a little forgiving!

Comment

Set up my swanky new light thing woo hoo
                  Attached Files

Comment

Today I sat and ordered my seeds. Top layered all my plants in pots with some compost we've had cooking for a year, also dug some into the beds. Still waiting for my seeds I planted at the weekend to sprout.

Comment

Manured half my potato bed. Hope to finish off the rest by the weekend!

Comment

Mmm

This year so far - Still eating the last few leeks - Planting new bed of raspberries JoanJ - Bought some seed potatos to grow in containers near the house. Cleared out the Strawberry bed,

Bought some seed pellets never used before going to use them for early stuff like Aubergine and Peppers etc. Any Tips appreciated.

Went through seed box too many seeds - Note to self - stop buying them. I don't need 7 varieties of Toms.

Dug out heated propagater etc ready to sow Chillies, peppers and Aubergine at the end of the month.

Comment

I wanted to try out my new heated propogator so I sowed some more onions, Red Baron and Globo, in modules. The idea is to provide a bit of bottom heat (19c) to get them started and then I can just move the module trays onto the greenhouse bench.
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Busy bee today making theb most of the sun. Went got scaffolding boards for raised beds ( 6×10ft 2×8ft & 13×4ft = £30 thats a bargin in my area). Got them up lottie and then was dismantling pallets. Shattered now.

Comment

Few bits of tidying and a trip to the tip

Comment

Had a chilled out day here in Sunny Nestland..........half buried 25 tin cans in preparation for Pea/Bean plants.
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X