Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I noticed a few ants & lots of green aphids on my plum tree,sorted that,then later I noticed an ants nest in my compost bin,so I've put an ant bait box by the plum tree. Fed my plum,apple,strawberries & some potatoes with t0morite. Dug my border edges & got rid of the weeds (ready to plant sweetcorn & runner beans).

Comment

• I made a terrible, terrible mistake.

I decided to dig out a tree trunk 18 inches in diameter. I now have a two foot deep, 6 foot across hole in the middle of the lawn. With a sturdy tree stump still in the middle. And blisters all over the palms of my hands.

I'm not sure how I'm going to explain this to my wife.

Comment

• Decided to try and get all my plastic pots and trays neatly under the greenhouse staging to allow me to get to the greenhouse. I now have a mess under the staging and a mess of a path leading to it.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Valleyman View Post
          I made a terrible, terrible mistake.

I decided to dig out a tree trunk 18 inches in diameter. I now have a two foot deep, 6 foot across hole in the middle of the lawn. With a sturdy tree stump still in the middle. And blisters all over the palms of my hands.

I'm not sure how I'm going to explain this to my wife.
          It's gonna be a pond with a tree in the middle...................
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• got myself 6 growbags for 99 p each from buyology ( damaged bags)
            ok maybe not the best but 99p ?

happy days

Comment

• Finally potted on last of zinnias and tomatos.Did a bit of weeding for another allotmenteer.

Failed to put my bean trellises up- a miserable tale of incompetence that ended up with 15' of tied together, thick dowelling mixed with ordinary bean poles and me in a tangled mess on the ground.........twice.

Grabbed hoe and took it out on the weeds until 8.00.
              No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Covered susceptible plants with fleece in the greenhouse in case of frost reported in weather forecast. Took a few plants back home to the windowsill as an added precaution.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Only had a few minutes today so a bit of watering and smiling at my newly germinated beans and melons in the greenhouse.

AN EXTRA LARGE GRIN FOR MY FIRST POTATO LEAF , accidentally in capitals but am too lazy rewrite, they were planted 2' down on the 7th of April!
                  Last edited by kris1960; 12-05-2015, 10:08 PM. Reason: date was wrong
                  No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Interesting time up at the plots, I put up a wire fence last year and decided, as an experiment, to fit some scaffolders netting to this, first thing I noticed, I caught a red lily beetle, should have done the Monty Don stomp, but I didn`t know at the time what I had. Purpose of the netting is to stop seeds spreading from other plots and cut down on wind rock,we shall see.

My Rhubarb has taken a funny turn and is sprouting a flower, what should I do? leave it or pull the stem out? a friend mentioned that if I leave it to grow on it`ll stop the Rhubarb for this year, any truth in that?
                    Been putting in a lot of weeding time, much by hand as with the hoe, especially around the Shallots and onions, growing Kelseas this year....hmmm
                    Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

• Got within 8 forkfuls of finishing digging our first bed on our first plot... and sowed our first seed. Living in a happy glow...

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapskate chaz View Post
                        My Rhubarb has taken a funny turn and is sprouting a flower, what should I do? leave it or pull the stem out?
                        Snap it off, Chaz - your friend is right.

Comment

• The afternoon was lovely weather wise. I earthed my potatoes. Seeded a row of spinach, some Spring Onions, lettuce (sweet success), rocket and coriander.

Comment

• Adorned over quarter of what will become carrot and parsnip bed. Knackered. Lovely and crumbly though and lots of stones taken out. And a big juicy grub!

Comment

• Potted on my toms and left them in the GH for the day, Serbian and runner beans have germinated so they've been left in the GH.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Finished of planting maincrop potatoes. too many small spuds to plant and took 1 week to plant all in undug area. another kilo of 2nd ealrlies left to plant.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X