Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a couple of rope hangers for my new T5 Growlight in the post. Fixed them on and removed the chains used as a temporary measure. Really easy to use and really cheap too. Good feedback heading to the seller.

Comment

• Had to fix a few holes in the PT, and cried when i saw what the wind had done ;(

Chitted some seeds a couple of days ago and they sprouted very quickly so had to rush and plant them out today
      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• More work done...dug over the only non winter manured raised bed and planted Meteor winter peas, then over to the polytunnel to clean up the Strawb`s that are still growing well.
        I have planted way to many winter lettuce into polystyrene boxes, they have all germinated, so if any of you that are passing my way (Milverton Somerset) you are welcome to some to grow on, next week or so, as they are about an inch high at the mo`.
        Any one else noticed how green all the fields look, so lush for this time of year?

Well? up for some ? all freeeee todayyyy !
        Attached Files
        Last edited by cheapskate chaz; 29-11-2015, 02:01 PM.
        Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisasbolt View Post
          Had to fix a few holes in the PT, and cried when i saw what the wind had done ;(

Chitted some seeds a couple of days ago and they sprouted very quickly so had to rush and plant them out today
          Ah Lisa thats awful. Take care, the wind can be so distructive.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapskate chaz View Post
            Any one else noticed how green all the fields look, so lush for this time of year?
            All white up here

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapskate chaz View Post
              yep, cherry trees in blossom in Bath, black/hawthorn in blossom in Exeter...big difference to London this morning!
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Nice sunny day but cold here,the frost had my good nasturtium the other day (the not very good ones still ok on the patio,less exposed?) so I've been cutting it down & most of the geraniums. Re-homed 4 ladybirds that I'd uncovered/found,put them on my ladybird/bee house. It's attached to my little shed kind of under my flowering currant,it's the area they usually start the year off near nettles & I'm really happy because 2 of my bee holes have tenants!
                Potted on a few Brussels sprouts seedlings to cover as much stem as I could,then firmed them in well. They're looking good & healthy,only about 3 inches tall but surviving & growing strong. I cut a spring onion the other day & left the root in there & it's grown a new shoot,about an inch,don't know if it will survive the cold though.

Comment

• Collected 25 bags of horse manure over the last 2 days. Dug over and manured some of the bed, the potatoes are going in.

Comment

• Dug the last of my potatoes
                    Picked the last tomatoes
                    Pulled some carrots
                    Tidied one greenhouse...
                    Started fixing the broken roof window
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

• `baby` weather down here...( wet `n windy ), so went to see if my PT was still in one piece,it was..phew! inside are a lot of tiny lettuces on the grow, along side a box of carrots that has just germinated. Checked out the rest of the plot, all`s well, but as I have sown winter manure, not a lot to do....except drink coffee !
                      Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

• Horribly windy and intermittently wet here, with saturated ground. What to do? I know

Ordered seeds from Real Seeds and Marshalls: Tomato Legend, Mizuna, Mispoona, Lettuce Emerald Oak, Runner Bean Stardust, Pea Douce Provence, Leek Oarsman, Pepper Snackbite mix and Kohlrabi Azure Star.

Already building up quite a few varieties that I didn't grow this year. Now I'd better plan where I'm actually going to grow this lot!
                        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Shifted three wheel barrow loads of pan tiles from a vacant plot to my own to make more pan tile raised beds.
                          I heard a loud crash and someones greenhouse roof was blown off!

Time for a sharp exit says I, as i didn't fancy getting decapitated by flying glass.
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Stinking head cold here so am reading all the new posts and surfing catalogues. Peas are poking their heads up in the planters and will need to get out in the cold soon.
                            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• picked 39 baby caterpillars off a romanesco caul/broc. Damn things grrrrr
                              I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Weeding new allotment on Sunday. It was quite windy there too, I was the only mug there at the time!
                                Last edited by elleme; 30-11-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X