Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a look on-line for veg seed for 2016 and decided most of it was far too expensive. Went shopping at Wilco's and managed to get the majority of my 2016 seed list very cheaply, most packets being 60p to 80p a packet and buy two get one free. I bought 13 packets and saved £3.00 spending about £10.00 in total
    .Went to Morrison's to get some Elfe potatoes to use as seed spuds.......but they had none. Plenty of time for those anyway.
    I then toddled off to the allotment and loaded a wheel barow of hoos muck (delivered for FREE to end of site) which was wheeled back to my plot. I then spread the muck on some greenhouse beds and raked it level. I then watered the whole lot to start the interaction between soil and muck
    I will plant Spring cabbage into these beds shortly.
    Pulled up some leeks that had bolted along with some kale and fed them to the chooks for a treat. They pounced on the kale like they had never been fed for a week!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Yesterday bought a few seeds too. Including summer savory because I want to see if I like it and whether it's really a useful companion to broad beans. Today did some more greenhouse tidying up. I seem to have a ridiculous number of plastic plant posts, quite a few broken.

Comment

• Transplanted four ball headed spring cabbage into a greenhouse bed. Harvested some leeks for leek and potato soup!
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Nothing that got my hands dirty but.......

I have spent hours with a huge stack of paper trying to work out where everything is going to go.

It would be a lot easier if the raised beds and pots etc were ready and or acquired but I am beginning to realise that I might just go back to my tried and tested (the patience) method of just shove them in somewhere as acres of forest would be saved because I won't need paper.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Went to allotment and dug some more couch grass out of the veg beds. Harvested quite a few potatoes in the process. Ideally I should reorganise the whole space as the previous tenant put weed suppressing membrane paths down with slate chippings over and couch grass is growing up through the membrane then shooting out long roots into the beds,, plus the fact that the beds are at least a foot too wide. But that's a job for another day!

Comment

• Originally posted by elleme View Post
              Went to allotment and dug some more couch grass out of the veg beds. Harvested quite a few potatoes in the process. Ideally I should reorganise the whole space as the previous tenant put weed suppressing membrane paths down with slate chippings over and couch grass is growing up through the membrane then shooting out long roots into the beds,, plus the fact that the beds are at least a foot too wide. But that's a job for another day!
              Have a rest.Just leave it until next year!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Thread closed and new thread for 2016 opened http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...6-a_87842.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X