This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Allaway View Post
    Hi just a quick note Is this the correct place to reply to the "what I did today" if it is then I started to clean out the green house to make ready to sow my sweet pea seeds and I am running a electrical supply from the shead so I can have a light and a small heater in there,
    Any tips on sowing sweet pea seeds would be welcome.

Many thanks Dave
    Yes David, you're in the right place. Might be an idea to put your request for info re sweet peas in a separate thread though

Comment

Brass monkies here too... managed to dig up a few (f)artichokes. They are amazing... every time dig the same space i find more and more.
      Raining now.
      Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Bitterly cold out up here although the wind has gone. Half an inch of ice on the top of the saucer of water I have out for the birds. Removed that. Filled my watering can for the greenhouse and popped in there to let it get up to temperature (and then had to run to the loo. Does running water do that to anyone else? ) Went back out and mixed up some compost to pot on my leeks and onions and then came in for a cuppa. No problems with running water this time

Comment

dunno what happened there. I edited my original post but it has posted a new un so I have removed the original. Wonder what will happen with this edit ?
          Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 11-01-2015, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Today (like most weekends) was a little bit of a 'nip down and do a 5 - 10 minute job before going to a gig'

So today all I've done is cut the bottoms off 40 x 2 litre plastic pop bottles. Then trimmed the bottoms nice and neat to give to my OH's sister for her playgroup. I think they use them to put paint or craft bits in when the children do 'Art'

So now I have 40 bottomless pop bottles. Reading a few threads on here (along with taking a gander at other plots on my site) I now have a few ideas of what to do with them.

Cloches and direct watering seem to be the best use. Does anyone have any other uses for them that you could suggest?

Comment

Lit the woodburner, After a bit of shifting around Set up a table along one wall of my greenhouse in readiness for the sowing/planting to come. Potted on a large fern for the missus and watered spring cabbage in border.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

potted on the kelsaes...
                Attached Files

Comment

Dug some of the couch grass out of the edges of the veg garden at my friend's house, but didn't stay long as it was blowing a gale.

Pruned my autumn fruiting raspberries, blueberries and white currant. Mulched the raspberries and some of the broccoli with compost. Then it started to rain
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Cleared the flower borders as I had on the "To Do" list!

Then chucked in a few "Daff's!

Yeah I know it's late, but found em hanging about at work n thought what a shame to waste!

Sure they'll right theirselves over the next few year!
                    Attached Files
                    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Collected this years seed potatoes from allotment shop, this year I have Charlotte, Rocket and Romano.

Then to plot, emptied one of daleks and spread stuff on one of the raised beds, hope it will continue to compost during winter.

Continued to dig/ clear old strawberry bed.

Fello Lottie neighbour couldn't get into her shed,thinks someone may have been trying to break in as lock broken, so helped her a bit, till her husband arrived, he couldn't get into shed either.

Did about 3 hours so pretty tired, now gotta go and get dinner int oven, lamb casserole with homegrown dried Borlotti's !

Oh yes, it's 'wino clock time' chaps.
                      DottyR

Comment

Beat ya to it Dotty!

Cheers!
                        Attached Files
                        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Erected a new greenhouse frame over the plot and got bladdy freezing

Comment

Sat on my bum ALL day reading my gardening books 'Allotment Section' in the hope that our meeting with the estate manager goes well tomorrow.
                            Never had to look at the lottie section before - Ooo Err!
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Dint do much today....................well, it is Sunday. Had a Blue Peter moment so played with some card.............
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

And "Sticky back plastic" I am hoping BM!

Not gunna get drawn into the Val's blue knickers bit!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X