This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch, Lawa - that sounds painful

I hope it doesn't affect your gardening for too long.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Removed the gone over cabbages (salvaged a few bits for the chickens) and dug over the bed. Hoed and weeded around the leeks, red cabbage, onions, garlic and broad beans. Found lots of what I'm assuming are tulips coming up I. Random places throughout the beds so dug these out and took them home for my new raised flower bed. Cleaned the chickens and went indoors for a nice hot well deserved bath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Penellype View Post
        Ouch, Lawa - that sounds painful

I hope it doesn't affect your gardening for too long.
        It better not I have planters to build this weekend and soil to seive!!

Comment

• Spent the day getting soaked whilst putting more earth around PT bases for a bit of extra security.
          What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
          Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Had lovely lunch with 3 garden 'volunteers', delicious lunch, we did walk round her garden and talk lots about gardening etc. lovely.
            DottyR

Comment

• Performed surgery on some twigs
              My first time grafting, feel really pleased. However, bit worried as they have yet to grow

Comment

• Just a brief trip to the allotment today - some snow on the ground - collected a bag of weeds/twigs that I had left behind on my last visit

Only a couple of leeks and some very small swedes still in the ground plot 11a

Overwintering onions seem to be doing well plot 18a :-)

Attached Files
                Last edited by Sheneval; 29-01-2015, 03:21 PM.
                Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• I tried to carry out some ph tests today using a probe but seemed to be stuck at 7 except for one where the soil had plenty of mulch and seemed a lot warmer - will try again tomorrow using a chemical tester :-)
                  Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Horse radish - almost annhilation complest. Triffid (sorry I mean blackberry) bought under control. A third os the last bed dug and de weeded. Jerusalem artichokes - last years growth stripped off.
                    Our new lottie is now beginning to look alot more workable and I've only got 11 gouges and holes in my hands and arms so I'm doing well.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Today I made a quick planter box from an old ash table, nothing fancy just practical:

Ant.

Comment

• Started stripping the turf off my new bed at the allotment - it is riddled with couch grass so I am going to try burying the turfs upside down a spade spit's depth - I googled whether this would work and found this site Allotment Garden: The way I get rid of couch grass (Elymus repens)
                        so fingers crossed
                        Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes

Comment

• Lottie robbed again! Smashed the locks off the front gate!

Somebody must of heard!

Nothing for em to take! As we stopped leaving stuff there!

Just a nuisance having to sort it tomorrow!

So be it! Just gets my goat! .........
                          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Just back in from quizzing at our local club. We came joint second and got £11, happy days. The team that won had about 18 in, we were a little team of five .......
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                              Lottie robbed again! Smashed the locks off the front gate!

Somebody must of heard!

Nothing for em to take! As we stopped leaving stuff there!

Just a nuisance having to sort it tomorrow!

So be it! Just gets my goat! .........
                              Hi Deano
                              we had our lottie done twice last year not mine actually,they took a rotovator 2 plots from me.
                              smashed shed door right off and smashed all side to get it mind you the guy is not bothered still got no door on.
                              Ihad only had my shed a week so now i dont lock it.

But somebody came in last week i found my drawers open and thought it was my next door plot guy.,when i asked him if he had been in my shed to borrow owt,and told him why.
                              He said no but wondered why his tools were not where he had put them.
                              so they did not have to smash door to get in.
                              Glad you survived it with no damage hope it stays like that. Local to you so any help just ask
                              cheers Peter

Comment

• Good luck

Originally posted by hellybore View Post
                                Started stripping the turf off my new bed at the allotment - it is riddled with couch grass so I am going to try burying the turfs upside down a spade spit's depth - I googled whether this would work and found this site Allotment Garden: The way I get rid of couch grass (Elymus repens)
                                so fingers crossed
                                I hope that it works for you because otherwise I will have to revise my blog. However, fifty years of dealing with couch grass gives me confidence my advice is sound.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X