Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had very pleasent day planning the new year over a few coffies, n latter a few beers!

Think I have the plan sorted!

Finish the "Workng End" Tomorrow!

Now just to put plans into play!
    Attached Files
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Picked up a load of large pots and some seed trays, compost and terracota pots off Freecycle.

Comment

• Today I mixed up a big tub of seed sowing soil - roughly a third multipurpose, a third John Innes seed soil, and a third vermiculite. Going to start sowing tomorrow (probably just onions and sweet peas).

Checked all my chitting potatoes - had managed to put about half of them upside down in the egg boxes.

Comment

• Went to my local garden centre solely to get a Bramley apple tree - they still didn't have any in stock.

Came away with five raspberry canes, 2 jostaberry bushes, a blackcurrent bush and a worchesterberry bush !

Comment

• And some "home guard" earlies !!

Comment

• Totally cleared the allotment shed, n put in the doctored wood burner come stove to boil a kettle for a quick brew and warm through!
              Looks rather smart!

Pictures to follow!

Was too dark when I got away!
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Spent the morning weeding at my friends house and planning where to put various things. Took the veggiemesh off the brassica cage at home as it was starting to sag somewhat and there is apparently the possibility of snow next week. Harvested some potatoes and leeks and sowed some land cress and lettuce indoors.
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Not much done today went down lottie but still plenty of snow all over plot.
                  Hung about a bit to tidy shed then came home,if its better tomaz will try again
                  Go down about 12 plenty to do

Comment

• Lifted raised bed from this year's potato bed and started to spread seaweed but had to suspend operations as I had promised my grandson a train trip - will continue tomorrow

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Sheneval; 24-01-2015, 08:20 PM.
                    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Noticed that the pigeons were pecking my early cauliflowers (snow march) so had to net those, and planted Imperial Green Windsor Broad Beans and Alderman peas that I got at Bristol potato day. A bit early maybe...but I'm confident.

Comment

• Picked up some glass barn cloches (such lovely sellers), first coat of paint on the "tomato" wall, luckily it stayed dry this afternoon. Then made 50 newspaper pots in front of a rather long movie this evening

Comment

• What I did yesterday as I am late posting, finished glazing the greenhouse and sorted the strawberry beds. Put the world to rights with some other plot holders

Comment

• Stove in! Complete with log n wood storage bin!

Just need to clad out n insulate the inside of the shed.

The idea being to turn it into a proper ""Potting Shed" now with a tad of heat!

Hoping to rip out the entire south facing side n replace with a six foot high lean too cold frame with shelving for seed trays etc!

Well, that's the idea anyway!
                            Last edited by veggiechicken; 25-01-2015, 06:55 PM. Reason: Pictures removed

Comment

• Put my potatoes in trays to start chitting them as they took ages last year and many hadnt done anything when I planted them in March
                              Then I potted some assorted bare root strawberry plants, 50 Cambridge fav., 30 Marshmallow, 50 Malling Opal, 10 Sena Gigana, 10 Snow white, 10 Royal Sov., 10 wild strawberry
                              5 each of 4 types of walking onions into pots
                              Then I decided to cover between the plants in the small garden at the front of the house in Liverpool with half rotted straw I collected from the rabbits litter tray over the last 6 months.....
                              Last edited by starloc; 25-01-2015, 03:40 PM.
                              Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

• That stove looks excellent .....

I was in B&Q and they are having a sale on these jiffy 7 type propagators - only £2 each
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X