Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very late start because of the rain and then just dithered at the allotment- weeding and chatting. Went back at 7.oo and dug new bed until 8.30 and picked some vegetables.

On the plus side beans and gourds all survived!
    No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• weeded the bed I've sown parsnips in and admired the lovely soaking my plot had from the downpour. I had to take shelter in my plastic greenhouse when the hail started, which was deafening! It did mean I had plenty of time for aphid squishing.
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Absolutely shattered! Forked and raked the bed for the leeks and then planted out 90 of them. Forked and raked the bed for the climbing frenchies, parsnips and beetroot and planted them. Forked and raked the bed for the lettuce, radish and another row of peas, then planted them. Weeded the onions and garlic and strawberries, planted out 2 butternut squash and then collapsed in a soggy heap. Oh and harvested 8 radish for my salad for supper. Took the caulis for a ride in the car to the allotment (I was going to plant them out but changed my mind) brought them home again and planted them in the little raised bed in the garden. Watered the greenhouses and am now getting a caffeine hit prior to thinking about whether or not to have wine this evening. I could put it in the fridge just in case

Comment

• Originally posted by susieq100 View Post
          Absolutely shattered! am now getting a caffeine hit prior to thinking about whether or not to have wine this evening. I could put it in the fridge just in case
          Go on - Treat yourself! After. All that work you deserve one. I thought I'd done a lot today until I read your post

Comment

• Today I put this up, which I've been making in the garage for ages.

My wife was complaining that there were too many potato plants on the garden path! Hard to believe, I know. And this is my solution, as there isn't anywhere else to put them!

It's only held up by a couple of screws at the moment though. I need to find some kind of metal bracket that will hold the wood backing captive on the posts. Like this (anyone know where I can get something like this?)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Snow; 30-05-2015, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Watched how busy everybody was being in the garden. Birds, bees, butterflies, everyone was having a busy day. Except me, I was having a quick cuppa with the dog, (who is never busy) and I was taking time to appreciate the garden that I've been busy making so that everything else can be busy in it!
              You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

• Covered 3mx2m polytunnel and almost finished digging and manuring beds for melons in it (that really doesn't sound right but am too tired to work out the grammar). Will plant tomorrow.

Just looked at forecast, the wind is horrendous for most of the week- a good test for polytunnel, she says with trepidation.
                No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Went this morning and purchased 3 X 20 Kg bags of layers pellets and one bag of mixed corn for the chooks. After i had unloaded them I fed and watered my chooks collecting eggs as i went. I then went along to another plot where I've been looking after another couple of chooks and sorted them
                  Because the weather was cold and miserable decided to spend some time in the greenhouse potting on seedlings.
                  I soon realized that i didn't have enough compost so had to go away again and purchase a couple of bags of compost. On my return i potted up Black tomato plants, Cedrico plants and beefsteak plants. (Yes i know I'm late, but they'll catch up) My yellow tom plants are doing well and are ready for planting out.
                  Pricked out kale, cauli's,lettuce, cougettes.
                  By then it had brightened up a bit so decided to try and save a plot holder from my committee mates, the allotment police. I know the plotholder is pregnant and having a bad time of it so I dug ove a bed for her and planted some onion sets she had lying along with a load I had spare.They'll make pickling onions if nowt else. I also unscrewed a couple of perspex panels off her chicken run to give the chooks more daylight and air. If I've helped someone retain their allotment plot in the face of adversity I'll be a happy chappie.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Uncovered the Q's and pumpkins - re covered the Q's and pumpkins.
                    Too piggin cold and wet for me - the older I get the more fair weather I become.
                    Maybe tomorrow
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Apart from taking my cucs into the GH for the day, watering my toms and sowing a sprinkling of mixed lettuce leaves that about it for today.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Not a huge amount but I'm going to go back out and brave the wind. I think I may get my potted plant area a bit of love and attention

Comment

• A proper good weekend had! But got a proper "Stinking" cold!
                          Which is doing my head in!

But a few more stuff set!

Supports now in! Need to get my head around how I'm gunna "Support" the greenhouse stuff! But we're getting there!

Cuc's now in!

More potting on done!

Harvesting now starting to begin!

From "plot to plate" it this what it' all about!

"love It"
                          Attached Files
                          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Love that poly/greenhouse Deano's "Diggin It" !!!!

Comment

• Planted out while chucking it outside, my sweet peppers in their final places. Next are the chilli's!

Comment

• Looks brilliant Deano - I have those same grow beds, and tried to grow lettuces in them last year but they didn't really work so I must be doing something wrong! Yours look fabulous.
                                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X