This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I planted my runner beans.

On my way out I noticed another plotholder replacing the ones that they planted out less than 2 weeks ago, so I'm feeling pretty smug.
    Attached Files
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Planted 4 bags of 25p Onion sets, around the sweetcorn and in any gaps in between the existing onions
      Planted out more bush courgettes and some climbing squashes with runner beans between them. They can race each other to the top of the hazel sticks.
      I'm sure I've done more than that

Comment

• Big day today

Planted out all the tender stuff, just cant deal with it in the greenhouse anymore

Did hanging baskets, troughs, put out tomatoes, courgettes, marigolds

Comment

• On my way home from work - sowed three more types of kale, potted on some PSB seedlings, picked a ton of chard for tea and pulled up a couple of the plants. Lugged 100 litres of water in billy cans to fill up my water tank so my plants will (hopefully) survive a week without me.

Drank wine.
          He-Pep!

Comment

• Porch now cleared of tender stuff - good luck outside brave little plants.
            Shoved and hufted Mr Lumps lowrider (motorcycle) around to a more convenient place on the patio!
            Sobbed over my munched up lettuce.
            Felt truly chuffed that the celeriac I grew from seed are now 3 in high plants.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Went and spent birthday vouchers on growbags, then used growbags in big pots (I mix a 'cocktail' of growing media) for tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse. They are now in their final growing spot, and good to go! To be fair some are in flower. Had far too many for the garden greenhouse so the rest had to be taken to the glass shed at the plot. More planting out there too - 5 cukes and 6 toms in the shed, chinese cabbage, more cauli, runner beans, 2 butternut squash outside. Ran out of time. There's going to be a lot of cucumber relish this year (she said hopefully). Picked a lot of rhubarb and 5 radishes! yay - first harvest of the year.

Comment

• Planted out my beet root,dug out bindweed, put in another bed frame, dug out bindweed, weeded my root bed, dug out bindweed, pricked out 160 chamomile seedlings and 200 creeping thyme seedlings into individual modules, dug out bindweed, packed out a brick and dirt path, dug out bindweed.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Yesterday I planted out my sweetcorn & some geranium f2. They're on a south facing fence,they'l get the sun most there in my garden. Also whilst pottering about I found this perennial runner bean,it has a few vines coming up from one plant,they only seem to survive two years though,my three year old root seems to have rotted,but I leave them outside,I could lift the root,but I like the root left in there,to give nitrogen to that area. I planted my sweetcorn where my 3 yr old bean roots were so hopefully it will give them a huge boost in growth.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Pulled up all of my Mooli from last years plants apart from one plant. They have lovely pink flowers and I was wondering whether without a gene pool of more than one plant i would be able to save some seed? Either way, I'm going to give it a try.

Weeded and dug over the bed and planted two dozen sweetcorn plants which had been suitably hardened off, where the Mooli had been.

Noticed one of my Japanese onions had bolted so pulled it up. Hopefully this is not the sign of things to come as I can usually expect 10% losses.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Planted 4 bags of 25p Onion sets, around the sweetcorn and in any gaps in between the existing onions
                      Planted out more bush courgettes and some climbing squashes with runner beans between them. They can race each other to the top of the hazel sticks.
                      I'm sure I've done more than that
                      My sweetcorn always seems to suffer with lack of water! I have a tray full of limanthus (Poached egg plant) seedlings which i'm going to plant in between the sweetcorn to hopefully form a water retaining carpet.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Spent the morning in my friend's garden, removing PSB and rusty leeks and planting out celeriac and nasturtiums. Also planted out some tomatoes into grow beds in the greenhouse. Dug up a mooli and was surprised to find it was nearly a foot long. I haven't grown these before and haven't a clue what to do with it!

Put my trailing plants onto the fence and mulched the bedding plants with chipped bark. Garden is beginning to look more summery now although there are still some bolting spring veg to be removed.
                        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Dug up the potatoes in the polytunnel, ready for planting out the tomatoes in the next few days.

Comment

• Monday - did not come on the vine yesterday - furniture moving! Monday afternoon, mowed lawns at home, tidied edges, planted up tubs and hanging baskets. Potted on 24 tomatoes (think I shall have to do a car boot sale - far too many of these), popped down to the allotment to get some bamboo canes for climbing frenchies in the raised bed in the back garden, watered the glass shed whilst I was there. Planted out said climbing frenchies, planted out lettuce, planted some beetroot. Very productive afternoon. Finished at about 6.30, tired but smug!

Comment

• I've been planting things out into my raised bed today,couple of cherry toms,geranium,nasturtium & marigolds. Melons & cucumber not ready to go in yet. Sowed some spring onions under my plum tree. Then my cat made me laugh,sneaking into my bean tent for a nap.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Did a bit of hoeing. Despaired at rock-hard clods. Planted out 2x courgettes and one pumpkin, mulched, watered and bell-cloched. Fingers crossed.... Counted 24 late-planted main crop potatoes showing their heads.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X