Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good couple of hours at the allotment today with my No. 1 helper - didn't need any more seaweed as there was enough to cover the bed. once it was cut up. Tidiied up a bit and grandson nailed two or three of the surrounding boards back in place

Attached Files
    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Dug over a 4 foot wide bed and planted some autumn fruiting raspberry canes that i'd scrounged off one of the other plot holders.

This was AFTER running a 10K!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
        Stove in! Complete with log n wood storage bin!

Just need to clad out n insulate the inside of the shed.
        You might be better to remove your pics Deano. One thread got closed a few months ago as calor are now clamping down on these stoves Shame because it looks great and we all like our upcycling.
        Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 25-01-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Went down today dug over some parts to make my paths ,took out 3 compost bags of wick grass out of about 5 square mts ,moved raised beds out of way back tomorrow after clearing g house at home.
          Then i will put my cabbage/colli/garlic in g house to come on now they are showing.
          BY the way DEANO stove looks fab
          wish it was in my shed.

Comment

• [QUOTE=
            This was AFTER running a 10K![/QUOTE]

Promised myself once out of the forces! Would never run anywhere again!

Kept up my promise! Just don't get what the likes of ya self n Hazel get from it!

I hated it!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• NF! Cheers! BM pointed this out a good few weeks back! Hey! It's blacked out!

Think I'll run the risk!
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• 3 hours on Plot, was lovely.

So, so pleased, I had a row of 'tree stumps' 3, on plot, and used to just work round them or grow things like nasturtiums over them, never ever thought I'd get them out, but I HAVE! After 4 years they eventually had rotted enough for me to dig them out, every tool in my shed was used. There were huge, white scary stag beetle larvae in one, not nice.

But I now have a bed without stumps, very happy lady.
                DottyR

Comment

• Went to the Hill with the intention of emptying the third (of four) dalek composters and moving it up a bed. The compost is a bit rough and ready but should be ok. I put back anything really uncomposted and added a couple of BIG bags of leaves to get it off to a good start.

I also took down the canes from the bean frames - rescuing some pods that I missed picking, so that's my bean seed for this season sorted out! I forked over the bed - it will be for miscellaneous crops this year - then I moved the big T-shaped frame ends to their position for this year. This involved digging a hole for them and knocking them in a couple of foot with the lumphammer, and fixing them firmly with screws to the bed end so that they are well sturdy.

Chatted to Chris from down the bottom as I mended the brassica tunnel (not for the last time, I fear), then home at dusk. Forget to bring the lumphammer home, or to pick any kale for tea - drat!

Comment

• Sowed some early brassicas and put them in the heated propogator in the greenhouse to germinate.
                    Finished digging over the patch for my new lawn and wrote about it on my blog.
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                      NF! Cheers! BM pointed this out a good few weeks back! Hey! It's blacked out!

Think I'll run the risk!
                      Sorry Deano, but I've removed your photos as the Vine may also be deemed at fault for publishing them

Comment

• Spent the morning clearing one side of my friend's greenhouse, digging out some of the soil in the bed adn replacing it with tarmac chippings about 1.5-2 inches thick. I'm hoping this will be enough to stop the rats from tunnelling under the frame and taking up residence under my grow beds.

Just got the other side to do now...
                        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• I had a looksee at my plot this afternoon with a view to starting to get the ground ready for planting. Absolutely no way though. I even took my pick to try to break through the frost but the ground is like iron below the top couple of inches.

No rush though. Can't plant here for at least a couple of months but it is nice to be in a position to plant as soon as the conditions allow so I'll be checking the ground regularly so I can get busy turning the ground black asap.

Comment

• whoops, pricked out my large exhibition onions and potted on my exhibition leeks. It's all go inside.
                            Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 25-01-2015, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Potato seed bought. This year I have gone for:
                              1. Rocket 1st early
                              2. Red Duke of York 1st early
                              3. Kestrel 2nd early
                              4. Charlotte Salad
                              5. Maris Piper Maincrop

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Sorry Deano, but I've removed your photos as the Vine may also be deemed at fault for publishing them
                                Never mind DEANO at least me and others got to see how snug and warm you keep yourself.
                                nice pics thank you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X