Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvested the last butternut squash yesterday,it’s on the windowsill to ripen,this is quite big for something grown by me

Comment

• Some ripe and almost ripe toms.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• 5 figs
        One small squash from the garden which I had missed before (it was hidden under the rhubarb leaves).

Comment

• A trugful of chard and a few sprigs of sage. Made a yummy pumpkin and chard lasagne for supper ;-)

Comment

• Parsnips, kale, carrots, runners, french beans and mixed lettuce.

Comment

• The final squash from allotment. It was 4kg.

Comment

• Went around picking tender crops today before the frost tonight. I picked:

All of my remaining figs, about 15 of them. They are mostly ripe, so should finish ripening indoors.
                A last handful of french beans.
                Some more beans for drying.
                A punnet of cape gooseberries (not quite ripe, but starting to turn yellow, so hopefully will ripen indoors).

And an awful lot of peppers. Came to 2.3kg of peppers, mainly sweet peppers. Most are still green, but most are also starting to change colour, so they should ripen indoors.

Comment

• Yesterday raspberries, mixed lettuce, land cress, spring onions and a few Chillis.

Comment

• Emptied out two pots of sweet potatoes, one from the conservatory, one from the patio.
                    The conservatory one gave 1.35kg, the patio one 1.8kg (despite being planted out some 6 weeks later than the indoor ones).
                    That's the second year now that my outdoor plants have done better than my indoor ones (although admittedly I have two more indoor pots I have yet to harvest). I'm starting to wonder whether I should even bother with indoor ones next year, or whether I should just do only outdoor ones.

Comment

• A dozen or so apples.
                      A big bunch of kale
                      A beetroot
                      A load of tenderstem broccoli (been cropping consistently for over 5 months now. I wonder when it will stop?)

Comment

• 3 more beetroot. They seem incredibly sweet this year!
                        More apples !
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Stump rooted carrots, parsnips and a pot leek.

Comment

• Yesterday Kale, carrots, parsnips and raspberries.

Comment

• 500g Borlotti beans from 8 plants, very happy with that.
                              More orange habanero chillies, the plant's sitting on the windowsill in the newly promoted home office so is warm, sunny and kept company
                              Bit more calabrese.

Comment

• Autumn rhubarb. Last picking of the year, I would say.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X