Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assorted lettuce, spring onions, Toms and raspberries.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• 2 sweet peppers, one tiny aubergine, a couple of San Marzano toms - added to some stored onion and garlic and a pasta sauce was forthcoming

Comment

• Picked the last of my tomatoes, discovered a little cucumber, which was nice.
        I still have some Sweet Peppers ripening and my first single Cayenne has finally ripened!
        Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
        Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
        Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Some apples.
          A load of tenderstem broccoli
          Kale
          A few peppers
          5 semi-ripe tomatoes which I must have missed before (I pulled up and composted my outdoor tomato plants today)

Also collected a big bag of chestnuts from nearby.
          Last edited by ameno; 23-10-2020, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Yesterday kale, carrots and raspberries.

today's will be mixed lettuce, land cress, spring onions and toms.

Comment

• More raspberries, a few leeks and some herbs.

Comment

• A beetroot
                Three figs

Started digging my sweet potatoes. Dug up three plants so far, and got 5.5kg between them.

Comment

• A handful of raspberries, then some parsnips, carrots, runner beans, Toms plus the first of this seasons JA’s.

Comment

• last of my cucumbers , peppers .

Comment

• More rasps, a few beetroot and carrots.

Comment

• French beans. Probably the last decent crop.
                        A few more beans for drying.

Dug up three more sweet potato plants. 5.9kg between the three of them.

Comment

• A handful of raspberries for my breakfast oatmeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                            A handful of raspberries for my breakfast oatmeal.
                            Yup had some on my porridge this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonjour View Post
                              Good luck with your harvest, you may be pleasantly surprised too!
                              I managed to (almost) match your yield with my last two plants.
                              I got 9.8kg between the two of them.
                              I got some real whoppers, too. One tuber was over 1kg all by itself, and another was over a foot long.

They were grown outside through black plastic, just as the same as the other six, and in the same soil, too (if anything, the soil was worse). The only difference was that these two had quite a bit more space (the others were grown quite close to the squashes, which I think limited them in the end). I think I shall have to give all of them more space next year, and I might get these sorts of yields from all of the plants.

Digging them out was a real struggle, though. I have sticky clay soil, so I couldn't really dig them out normally, as they kept snapping (they are very brittle). Instead I loosened the soil with the spade then carefully excavated each tuber with my fingers. Took an hour and a half to excavate both plants.
                              Some went 10 inches or more down into the sticky yellow subsoil, and others were on great long roots almost 2 feet from the main plant. It took a lot of digging around to find them all.

Comment

• Just raspberries and Toms today, Toms have been roasted in the oven then frozen.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X