Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacky, if you want to pop Peacevine Cherry seeds into the circle, no probs. I can always pop seeds into the VSP. The correct name is Starley Red Pea not FB (although they are a dwarf FB) - good cropper.

Comment

• I've done plenty of seed saving, though despite hoping to save different types of veg I've only saved tomatoes, and the list is:

-Goldkrone (was in 2012 tomato circle),
      -Kibits (was in 2012 tomato circle),
      -Delicious (was in 2012 tomato circle),

-Nano Cilegia,
      -Amish Mayberry,
      -Tanaki (from Suttons Summer Sensation pack - not sure what else it can be)(good juicy texture, good flavour, cherry size, beefsteak shape).

Am I right in thinking people will request what they want, then I'll need to pack up the correct number of each variety??
      The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
      William M. Davies

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulieb View Post
        I've done plenty of seed saving, though despite hoping to save different types of veg I've only saved tomatoes, and the list is:

-Goldkrone (was in 2012 tomato circle),
        -Kibits (was in 2012 tomato circle),
        -Delicious (was in 2012 tomato circle),

-Nano Cilegia,
        -Amish Mayberry,
        -Tanaki (from Suttons Summer Sensation pack - not sure what else it can be)(good juicy texture, good flavour, cherry size, beefsteak shape).

Am I right in thinking people will request what they want, then I'll need to pack up the correct number of each variety??
        That was the original idea but if we have around 20 people, then we will all just pack 19 bags, send them to me with sae and I'll just split the lot and send it back out.

If you hang onto them for now, as soon as we know who has saved, further instructions will follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by dandalady View Post
          Dissapointingly my next door neighbour but 2 grew marrows so there is a possibility they have crossed with my Maltese marrow from HSL as both are c. pepo. How far apart should they have been? will have naga seeds too
          Marrows, squashes & courgettes will all quite happily cross with each other very easily, I'm sure the only way is to hand pollinate each of those.
          Last edited by Scarlet; 04-10-2013, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• That's 40 varieties and 13 people. Looking very good so far.

Comment

• Finally, I've decided on my toms. I can send in

- Orange Banana
              - Ottos Papa
              - Kenilworth King George
              - Cyril's Choice

and one that I am very excited about:

- Luzias Oma.

This last one I was given a month ago during a journey by a couple in their eighties, still very active smallholders, who brought it with them from a holiday in Poland more than thirty years ago (during GDR times), and have grown it ever since (and lots of it). They obtained it in Torun from a lady named Luzia who in turn had got it from her grandma in Lodz, so we named it Luzia's Grandma, as the original name was not known to them. They gave me four fruits, and as we are only 13 I could spare a few seeds for everyone.

They also gave me a wonderful yellow variety but only one fruit so I don't have enough seeds yet, that one I'll have to grow on for next year's circle...
              ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

• Just drying Wild Pigeon FB, will hopefully have enough to share.

Comment

• Originally posted by FROSTYFRECKLE View Post
                  Jacky, if you want to pop Peacevine Cherry seeds into the circle, no probs. I can always pop seeds into the VSP. The correct name is Starley Red Pea not FB (although they are a dwarf FB) - good cropper.
                  Thanks frosty have some more drying now. Still waiting to see how many peeps are in my Leeds group, lots of no replies, so should have enough for between 6- 10 seeds each I hope.
                  http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

• I'll have some borlotti firetongue's too.

Comment

• If I'm not too late to join, I have some varieties to add to the circle?
                      Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by poly View Post
                        If I'm not too late to join, I have some varieties to add to the circle?
                        I don't think we are sending seeds in until Dec at the earliest - so hopefully a few more grapes will join now that they know what spare seeds they have managed to save.

Comment

• I will have some seeds to put in but not sure yet as I am still picking and drying things.
                          Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            I don't think we are sending seeds in until Dec at the earliest - so hopefully a few more grapes will join now that they know what spare seeds they have managed to save.
                            I have no intention of sending out instructions til,at least the end of November, so if we give that as the deadline to declare your seed stash then we might get this up to 20 odd people.

Comment

• Can I please add myself to the list. I will have Koralik toms and probably a couple more varieties.There would have been some beans but unfortunately my other half got to them before me!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                                I have no intention of sending out instructions til,at least the end of November, so if we give that as the deadline to declare your seed stash then we might get this up to 20 odd people.
                                Great, as I'm still undecided what to send. But so far thinking of -

Dancing with Smurfs, seed originally at F3 generation from Tom Wagner who bred this variety. Now at F6 and looks to be stable, I’ve been selecting for what I think the tastiest, healthy plants and good colour on the fruit.

Huauzontle, interesting and useful flower stems/greens. Seeds originally from Real Seeds

Hahms Gelbe Topftomate, mini dwarf plants with yellow cherry fruit, taste is good but on the mild side. Good for a windowsill plant or in hanging basket. Original source Tatiana’s tomato base.

I've sent Dancing with Smurfs to a previous group, I love them which is why I want to share but if several people already have them I can choose something else?
                                Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X