Hi all, I will have the following chili seeds

Scotch bonnet
    Satans kiss
    Ghost chili
    Big Jim's
    Torro rosso

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

I will have "Kent Blue Pea" and "Scotland Yellow Tomato" seeds ready by next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Wapwap79 View Post
        Hi all, I will have the following chili seeds

Scotch bonnet
        Satans kiss
        Ghost chili
        Big Jim's
        Torro rosso

Did you isolate all these Wap?

Comment

Yes I did they are all grown in separate greenhouses been really particular about ensuring no crossing we are fortunate to have a large area of land which we have begun growing on. We are currently in year one of a 4 yr start up business plan so very exciting times for us.

Comment

Fantastic. Ill update the first post at the weekend.

We will wait until November and maybe December until sending in, so that we know how many packets to divvy the seeds into. Then I will send instructions to everyone. If you don't log on regularly, please make sure your settings include 'send an email each time you get a PM' otherwise you might miss the boat. We've had that in the past so do check your settings.

Comment

As VC is putting in Peacevine Cherry toms I won't. I will put in Daniels Defiance Runner Bean - grown in isolation (in back garden no one near by grows veggies). Still deciding on which FB to put in plus I'll put in tomato seeds (still to decide again).

Comment

I haven't saved any yet FF, it may be Ararat Flamed as they are totally isolated in a GH of their own

Comment

Due to someone "helpfully" moving some of my isolated plants, I was reduced to Mila's Bulgarian Red sweet pepper... have only had 2 fruits so far from which I have saved seed, so hoping for a few more soon... if not I will send the seeds to whoever would like them and will not look for any back..
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

I've just harvested my beetroot (white devoy) seed, it's currently drying in the greenhouse.

My squash that was isolated didn't come to anything as it was eaten (inside out!) by slugs, but I have some bronze fennel that's set seed, if that ripens in time then I could always bulk up my bit with those, although I've a funny feeling that with the amount of beetroot seed I've got I'm going to be sending a carrier bag each to you.

Comment

Hi just seen this post is it too late for me to join in?
                      Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Not at all; whoever posts their saved seeds with varieties by the end of October is in and if not, they are out. I'll send instructions out soon after and people can start bagging things and then they can send them to me. I'll split the lot and send out at the start of 2014, after the festive season is over, once I have them all in.

Comment

does it matter how many as I only have a few things?
                          Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Originally posted by stella View Post
                            does it matter how many as I only have a few things?
                            You will need to split what you do have into a certan number of packets. As long as you save from at least one thing to contribute then that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieb View Post
                              I'd like to join please.

Season dependant.....at the moment I could save:
                              Champion of England peas - realseeds
                              Nova sweet pepper - real seeds
                              maybe another chilli.....I'm aware of the isolation requirements.
                              And perhaps a tomato.....one which was not in the tomato seed circle last year.

We're expecting a baby in april and I'm doing an RHS course this year, so could end up with nothing but at the moment that is the plan.
                              I hope you all like tomatoes! Didnt save any peas and didnt isolate the peppers, however I have saved lots of tomato seeds.

Would people prefer varieties that were not in the 2012 tom seed circle or are people not too fussed?

I'll check the varieties and stick a list on here.
                              The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
                              William M. Davies

Comment

Have saved seed from the Peacevine Cherry toms, just in case.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X