This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulieb View Post
    Well somehow I've managed to lose the above mentioned tomato seeds, and now I've looked absolutely everywhere and still can't find them its unlikely I'll be saving these. However, still lots of exciting stuff going on.

Even after trying to reorder (for piece of mind), the company have now stopped shipping internationally. However I have sourced a couple of the varieties elsewhere which may not be delivered in time for this season!!!

I expect the originals will turn up once its too late to sow!!
    As I expected the originals did turn up (once I packed away the heated propagator for this year. So yesterday I quickly popped in a couple of the seeds in pots in the greenhouse and they've got 2 choices.

In the meantime I did purchase some other rare tomatoes, and wtill going well with some other stuff, peas, etc.
    Last edited by Paulieb; 29-04-2013, 09:53 AM.
    The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
    William M. Davies

Comment

i am planning to save black krim tomato, shark fin melon, calaloo and naga chilli.

Comment

Would anyone save me some strawberry seeds please? I'd like to try different varieties. Non-isolated/cross-polinated seeds would be fine for me. I'd be happy to save some as well, though I don't know the variety I have. I had the first ripe strawberries last week.

Comment

OK - first seeds in. Kyoto Market Bunching Onion.

Comment

My beetroot is huge and full of flowers - bout the only thing ill be collecting this year :/

Comment

Nothing saved here yet but I've got some lovely White Gem parsnips flowering and last years rainbow chard will flower soon

Comment

I have White Devoy Beetroot that will be ready to collect this year. Most of my other stuff isn't doing that well, but I *may* be able to save some Blue Banana Squash, if it gets its backside in gear and starts to fruit.

Gotta say, the scent from the beetroot flowers is amazing!

Comment

It is isn't it? Smells better than some fragrant roses.

Comment

I saved some seeds of chives and someone gave me lots of leek seeds, which I am preparing. This weekend I am going to collect and prepare two varieties of strawberries.
                    http://savinglives.ahar.ie/

Comment

Not much to collect yet, the first and only thing so far is "Altmärker Braunkohl" or "Roter Krauser", a tall red curly kale traditionally grown in the Altmark region not far from here, nearly extinct and very rare. Most of the toms look promising although they had a late start... but there'll be some interesting varieties for the circle I think.
                      Some nice beans, too, like bush bean "Jumbo", "Aramis" and "Tiefenbacher", and maybe some black broadies again as well.
                      I have a tiny white strawberry, similar in shape and taste to a wild woodland strawberry, that doesn't grow runners so has to be grown from seeds. I can pop in some of those as well if anyone wants them but I have no idea how to prepare the seeds - I usually simply let a few fruits dry up and when I want to sow them, I crumble them up and use those crumbles...
                      ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

The kale sounds great, nellie! I never grow enough kale, considering how much I like it.

Comment

Oooh Kale - and one that I'm not growing yet!! I'm saving Mispoona - not sure what else yet

Comment

For all you kale lovers - if you read German (or can stand the poor quality of Google translate...) there are some nice articles about our "King of the Kales", Reinhard Lühring, e.g.
                            Der Grünkohlkönig - leben - dlz - 2
                            Dreschflegel e.V. - Ostfriesische Kulturpflanzen in Ostfriesland

This nice chap has collected dozens of nearly extinct varieties and keeps them going. Wonderful!

BTW, Real Seeds saves and offers a rare old English variety, IIRC.
                            ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Thanks Nellie - I had a read in translate!! Quite entertaining
                              I have most of the Real Seeds kales, though not all varieties sown yet. There's such variety in colour and leaf form - I think they're beautiful

For the Seed Circle I have
                              Allium Unifolium, (the one-leaved onion - and it does only have one leaf!!),
                              Cedronella Canariensis (Balm of Gilead)
                              Mispoona.
                              Hoping to have some tomatoes - maybe Peace Vine and/or Ararat Flamed.

Comment

I will have two types of dwarf french beans which are for drying/shelling, with white seeds. They're originally from Graines Baumaux and are called Mogex and Cocagne. I'll also have Tarbais beans which are climbing, and they have white seeds for drying/shelling too. It was a bit of a passion for this year

I should have some Savoy cabbage seeds as well, the pods are full sized, just waiting for them to dry out a bit.
                                Last edited by SarzWix; 06-09-2013, 08:57 PM. Reason: How many times had I used the word 'also'?!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X