This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jackyspratty View Post
    yep agree with zaz tbh, easiest is best and any thing I don't want will be sent to vsp. Equally the huge amount of excess angelica I have will be sent to the vsp!
    I personally love an all in circle, even if each person just sends one or two packets thats a heck of a lot of seeds.....lovely stuff! But it does need to be straight forward to do I think. If you get seed you don't want just pass it on. Equally if you don't have enough try again next year with the same variety. Im doing a Leeds seed circle and I said no to a pick and choose system, you will always get seed you don't like or already have but that's the nature of the game, it can just be given to someone else to try. I prefer a simple life!
    Your huge amount of excess angelica I can use at our gardens so I can chat to you off here about what you want to swap it with to save postage

Comment

• I like the All-in aspect too. Anything that I don't use goes into the VSP - and everyone can do this and swap for something that they do want to grow.

Comment

• I've missed the discussion on the way the circle is running. Like Scarlet I got confused as I've been saving for 20ish circle members and can't see how we can pick and choose. So I'm going to keep on drying seeds for 20ish or so circle members. At least I know I'll have my kitchen table cleared of seeds for Christmas
        Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 27-10-2013, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Now that my mahoosive rocket stove build is done and dusted, I have a little more time to update and organise this...I'll do an update and contact everyone who has posted with instructions very soon...

Comment

• If people want to swap stuff that they only have a limited amount of, isn't that what the VSP is for?

I'm happy with the easy method personally. If I get stuff I don't need, it goes to school

Is anyone interested in a calendula mix? All single flowers, but different colours? I had them free off Graines Baumaux last year and they've been cracking!

Comment

• Yes definitely; I have a mix of French marigolds from seeds from Ryton that I can also add in.

Comment

• Seems to be that more people are favouring the easy 'all-in' system, which sounds good to me as I probably wouldn't be able to choose anyway.

So from my list below I will choose to send in,
                Amish Mayberry
                Goldkrone (as they are my favourites
                Roughwood Yellow Plum

If anyone would like others I can change what I send in, or alternatively I'm happy to do a 1-2-1 swap separately.

Originally posted by Paulieb View Post
                So far, I have saved (all tomatoes):
                Amish Mayberry
                Amish Paste
                Cheethams
                Delicious
                Goldkrone
                Kibits
                Nano Cilegia
                PW Fr Black
                Yellow Pear
                Tanaki
                Roughwood Yellow Plum (to be saved).

I don't have enough packaging to send all to everyone, so if we go the way of individuals picking their choices I'll happily bag up a different order for everyone, or I could just pick the most interesting and send those in.
                The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
                William M. Davies

Comment

• Okay, as the majority seems to prefer an all-in circle I will send in the following

- French bean "Aramis"
                  - Tomato "Orange Banana"
                  - Tomato "Ottos Papa"

and send the rest to the VSP.

Sorry to have caused confusion but I really thought we'd do it as originally stated.
                  ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

• Okay won't be putting in Wild Pigeon FB. Was shelling last night and the seeds should be black with a few cream spots but about half of the seeds are cream with a few black spots. Don't know what has happened as I only grew these, Trail of Tears and Starley Red Pea. Mmmmh bit of a mystery. Will grow both colours of seeds next year to see what happens.

Comment

• That happens quite alot FF; they sort themselves out in the end.

Where did you get them from? If HSL they might have been my seeds from being a seed guardian a few years back.
                      Last edited by zazen999; 28-10-2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• I had a bit of a disaster - my beetroot seeds started to go mouldy.. I think I've rescued as much as possible (enough to go around - don't worry!) - but I'd advise to check them when you receive them, just in case a few start to turn.

Comment

• Zaz, got them from HSL

Comment

• OK, if it's just nellie-m and me who think it's a good idea, that's fine.

Comment

• "Scotland Yellow" Tomato
                              "Kent Blue" pea
                              All ready and waiting for the nod.
                              Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                                Now that my mahoosive rocket stove build is done and dusted, I have a little more time to update and organise this...I'll do an update and contact everyone who has posted with instructions very soon...
                                I'm in - I've saved, white gem parsnip, red habanero and cape gooseberries.

Though I won't be around for a few weeks as I'll be going on hols .. Back the last week in Nov

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X