Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewal come through - still £15 for a half plot, water on site, occasional random fresh manure deliveries if you happen to smile at the farmer right...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      especially bathed in that South Wales sun.

Should have gone to Specsavers.

Comment

• Both our plots cost £20, plus a deposit for the compound key.
        This is very cheap considering the size of plots, even though the only water is rainwater you collect yourself. What I call the main plot is approximately 27 by 16 metres, that’s round 90 by 55 feet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A976A19A-04CF-4C8F-A351-B7A40C6EC881.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	2376292

The second plot is about a 3rd longer and half the width. OH wanted a play pen for the dogs because I don’t want them on the main plot.

Oh, and there isn’t a waiting list, so we are not depriving anyone of a plot.
        Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

• It looks brilliant. Here in Northern Ireland we don’t have a great tradition of allotments. I think there are some in Belfast but not nearly as many as there seem to be in England and Wales. Not sure about Scotland.
          I have a large garden now but many years ago I would have been so keen to have an allotment and there just weren’t any.

Comment

• Due to the council now basically washing their hands of the swansea sites we will now be taking over the water rates as well as the site upkeep, we will now be looking at paying between £40 and £50 a year, about double what it was but still at less than £5 a month is there a cheaper hobby at that price ?
            Last edited by jackarmy; 11-04-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Blackburn with darwen

64.00 for year Inc water 53.00 for disabled or oap portable loo and shop on site plots is approximately 100ft x 30ft lovely views

Comment

• £50, plus a one off key deposits and membership fee,outskirts of London, for 5 rods/half plot, though it's more like 4 rods.water in the growing season, bark chips and manure(though I've never seen any)

Comment

• I have 1/16th of an acre and it costs me £55 for this year. There are various sizes nearby but mine seems to be in the middle for size. Includes water but that's all.
                  Last edited by richie_f82; 04-06-2018, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• Ive just paid £60 per 250sqm plot (x2) at the local council site. Just moving over from a private allotment, which was £380 for one full and one half plot for a year (but was all i could get as the town was in the middle of dividing into Parishes, and for 18 months basically nobody was in charge!).

Tony

Comment

• Fair Price ?

In Cornwall a full plot 38 yds X 12 yds. £110 per annum. This includes a water charge although not allowed to use a hosepipe.

Comment

• here it’s £38 per year for a half plot, which includes water standpipes dotted around the site. Then separate payment of £7 each year for allotment association membership. Obviously we have a shorter, cooler growing season than Cornwall, but I think we both get good value for money - just think of the price of damsons in the shops!

Comment

• Half plot in Manchester was £26.50/yr, water, loo, wood chip and secure gate. Plus £10 to the committee to maintain loo, develop community plot, summer BBQ, take rents, organise seed swaps, keys & paperwork, tree cutting, source compost, pay insurance etc. All volunteers.

In the history of the plot one guy refused to pay the £10 and when it was time to renew secretary told him to s*d off and go into the city and figure out how to pay the council himself. Well minus the s*d off part, but I like to imagine him saying that.

Less-than-half-plot in North Dorset £10/yr. No committee fee. Water included. No security - everyone just walks through! No loo. Have to fend for yourself with compost. Volunteers cut the paths.
                          I happen to have a most cherished view at the top of the hill and the soil is nothing short of exquisite, best I've seen here. It's almost as good as the soil in my childhood home. Almost.
                          Last edited by Squingy; 08-02-2019, 08:57 AM.
                          https://beingbears.wordpress.com

Comment

• Our plot in N. Warks is £7 a year for 40m X 7m.

No extras but you wouldn't expect it for that amount.
                            John

Comment

• Costly plot

My full plot near Truro with water is £110 per year. Sounds expensive but we'll run and with lovely neighbours.

Comment

• £30 for a full plot with dip tanks for watering cans, no hosepipes, West Midlands, bargain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X