Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have two half plots (5 rods each) and pay £30 per plot to include water. Some plots are 10 rods and there are many half plots and quarter plots (recently introduced). There is no waiting list at present but we do have some uncultivated plots. There are about 60+ plots available on site.

No toilets, fairly secure site. Most plot holders are very pleasant.

I treat the plots as my gym and anything I walk out of the gate with is a bonus. I was lucky to get a second half plot. The area was covered in brambles, bindweed and a big hawthorn bush. I was told that no one else would take the plot on so I could have it. It is now a productive area and I am pleased with it.

Not sure about others but my impression is that the allotment "rush" has stalled again and probably more plots will become free.

Bill

Comment

• Jimbo

We are at underwood allotments in Nottinghamshire and pay £20 per year including water (good value)

Comment

• North Bristol - £40 per annum for 10 rods (250 sq. metres). Water is included but there are no facilities or even car parking. The last year has been expensive with the relocation and mending of the shed and more expense is anticipated next year (fruit cage).
        That said, the value in terms of physical exercise and having something to show for my efforts is a very good return.

Comment

• It will cost about £70 I think. Portsmouth Hampshire.

I took over a 125m2 plot in March. It cost £37 until this September. That is with over 60s discount. I haven't received the bill for this year yet. Association fees are just £3.00. We have a shop on site, you have to be an association member to use and water for every 8 plots (April - October) . We are getting a proper toilet but currently just have a portaloo. The key to the secure site costs a deposit of £10. We have CCTV cameras as we are next to a dodgy area.

Comment

• £1.20 + 80p water = £2 per perch, 5 perch being avarage tenancy but 2.5 perches are on the up
            Plus we pay £6 per tenant broken down this is:-
            £3 NSALG fee, £1 insurance, £1 district association and £1 site contribution
            So for example 2 tenants on a 5 perch plot would pay £22 annually

Comment

• Just got a letter from our council yesterday about paying the rent for our plots for 2016 and rent is going to stay the same - £35 for a half plot with water TBH it would be a bargain at three times that amount (but don't tell the council that - it may give them ideas!!!) as we've had SO much satisfaction and enjoyment this first year
              If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• S o sorry if i have missread this wrong but 7.5 meters ?
                thats just 3 times my hight ( ish) square.
                typo ?

at post 225
                Last edited by jackarmy; 20-11-2015, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                  S o sorry if i have missread this wrong but 7.5 meters ?
                  typo ?

at post 225
                  That's half the size of plots on our site. It sounds idyllic though.
                  http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• We're charged £30 a year. We get mains water from April to October, but nothing other than that. There's no locks, security or anything and we're not allowed structures ie sheds/polytunnels!

Comment

• Hello & welcome to the vine.

*waves*
                      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

• Our new bills are due out. My plot is 24ftx48ft with water is going to cost £37. Gone up £2 from last year.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hello,
                          I pay £20 a year for about 25 by 25 metres. We get a good study fence round the perimeter of the site and a handful of water taps, nothing else! I quite like the minimal no fuss approach

Comment

• Originally posted by plam View Post
                            hello,
                            i pay £20 a year for about 25 by 25 metres. We get a good study fence round the perimeter of the site and a handful of water taps, nothing else! I quite like the minimal no fuss approach
                            look after it sounds good value wow!!!!

Comment

Good God Jack, are you 8'2?
                              He-Pep!

Comment

typo ?

at post 225
                                7.5 m is 25ft 2.3 perch/rod
                                My plot is just a little bigger at 30 x 24 which is 2.65 perch/rod, the big allotment plots were usually 10 perch.
                                The Council split the big ones up as they become available, in order to reduce the waiting list.
                                It's a shame, but a small plot is better than no plot IMO - and quite a few people prefer a small plot, not having the time/inclination to cultivate a bigger one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X