Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My plot is £15 a year. Which to me seems a steal for all of the space I've got.

Comment

• Mine is £48 for a full plot of about 250 square metres. We get security fencing round the site and dip-tanks for water, apart from that we are on our own. Seems like good value to me!
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I pay £46 for a 10 rod plot which seems like a bargin. The council provides mains water only. There is no site security, fences are very low on one side and none of the gates are lockable which is fair enough as the low fence next to the road would be easy to climb over! We do all our own grass cutting of the main and the side paths. There is car parking space for about four cars. If that is full parking is in the road outside where the first two hours of parking is free. After that you must buy a ticket. Luckily I live a ten minute walk away so dont need to drive there!

Al

Comment

• Mine is 3 perch, and is £37 for the year in cardiff.

THat includes water rates and toilets...

Comment

• Mine will be roughly £30 for a half-plot, and has a water tap. The council aren't charging me for it yet because when I got it, it wasn't so much 'allotment' as 'patch of nettles and broken glass'. I'm not sure exactly how big it is, but it doesn't seem like a half plot, really. It's more than enough to keep me busy!

Comment

• Plot rent came in at £33 this year including water, its a council run site. Whats the true cost of your plot? I reckoned up last year the total cost including rent, seeds, consumables, etc was on average £200.every third or fourth year i cop for a large seed bill and manure is free if collected.

Comment

• £44 for a full plot which includes insurance - however, I was really lucky.

The committee re-configured the paths and plots a couple of years ago, resulting in me gaining the size of 2 paths at each side of me. Also, being a middle plot - we seem to have the longest plots on the site.

The rent was £20 three years ago, but to deter the private landlord trying to flog the land and the water company demanding a water meter be installed, the rents doubled. We also had to start paying £4 for insurance.

Great value.
                .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
                  We also had to start paying £4 for insurance.
                  Out of curiosity, what is the insurance for? Assume it covers something but interested to know what.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    Out of curiosity, what is the insurance for? Assume it covers something but interested to know what.
                    Would imagine that the landowner insists that the plotters have public liability insurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      Yep, Hazel is right - Public Liability Insurance

Brought about my a committee member putting a claim in for injuring himself (can't remember the nature of his accident).
                      .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                        Would imagine that the landowner insists that the plotters have public liability insurance.
                        Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
                        Yep, Hazel is right - Public Liability Insurance

Brought about my a committee member putting a claim in for injuring himself (can't remember the nature of his accident).
                        Thanks, was just wondering

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• we have just paid £33 for the year which includes loo, water, secure fencing and lovely helpful people both in the office and on the site

Comment

• Mine is £20 for half plot and £5 deposit for key - water tap nearby, free manure, toilet on site - seems reasonable compared to some

Comment

• £13.76 for a full plot, less for smaller.

tap is 3 plots away, no shop or committee, tho the older members who know the councillor who dishes out the plots consider themselves as such.

members informally arrange group purchase of manure from local farmer. they're a friendly enough bunch

Comment

• £46 for plot one and my 2nd which is attached is £30sumit. 20p1m2. Free water right outside my plot ☺. Its more expensive than the town halls allotment but vertually no rules which is great tbh. Its owned by a different council but we all left to it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X