This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All

-2° and fresh snow overnight. Hopefully it will disappear today and things can get back to normal.

Keep warm and stay safe

Comment

• Another frosty start to the day, blue skies with wispy clouds. Rain forecast, 80% probability of snow at 400 metres, we're at 500.

My seeds and spuds were delivered on Friday according to the courier's website this morning, but not on Friday. Hope the package was kept under cover.

Meanwhile, work calls. With a bit more gardening later on, weather permitting.

Have a nice day, everyone. And special greetings to BM. Good to see you back.

Comment

• Good Morning All No more sner here thank goodness. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning n'alln'all

Looks like we have the white sploshy stuff this morning!
          Glad it didn't arrive yesterday as originally forecast.

Too wet to plant out what I collected for myself yesterday though....looks like it's a Domestic goddess day today instead.
          Maybe even a 'getting out of the iron' moment too
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning lovely but cold morning us sky and light cloud and that's what it was like fifty two years ago also, right off to make the breakfast have a good day everyone
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all,same here FF,but it still lingers on the car ext,roads are clear,sun trying,hoping to get down the plot and prick some brasica out,have a good day all and Bgood2yourselfs
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all. The sner’s hanging around. There’s been the odd snowflake come down but more like blink and you’ll miss it. It’s very cold though. Another day at home doing domesticated things. I might try planting the next tranche of seeds. And I must wander down town for some milk. Hopefully winter will let go after this. Oh, I had a bit of luck on Friday, I won £83 on the lottery.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning Crew, well the snow is gradually disappearing but it's still mighty cold out there!

Have a great day what ever you end up doing
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    No snow overnight but there is some still lying around.
                    Bright and clear but bitterly cold.
                    Bank holiday here so it still feels like the weekend.
                    I think I might sow my dahliad seed today.
                    Also some spring onions which failed a few weeks ago.
                    Have a good day and stay warm and safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Cookfest again here for us and the outlaws, mainly mil as fil seems to be fading, he's sleeping a lot and not interested in food or anything else for that matter Bright sunshine outside
                      Last edited by Florence Fennel; 19-03-2018, 02:16 PM.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon the snows just about gone the roads are clear the pavements in sun are so mostly whats left is in the fields, lawns and grass verges. Hope this in the last of the snow
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your fil, FF. I'm sure he's enjoying the company, though.

As for here, it has rained, so the no-rain forecaster was wrong. Anyway, managed to clear a bed. Soil, unbelievably, doesn't look bad and I was pondering on using it for potatoes. But I found a couple of wireworm in there... So maybe not. Back to the drawing board again. Either that, or try the carrot bait trick and see how many I get.

Comment

• Good afternoon, its been a lovely blue sky day today and actually quite warm out the wind, went into the greenhouse about half eleven and the temp. was 34c so four auto vents not working as they should, will need to replace as required, the outside temperature in the shade showed 6·5c, was working in the back garden most of the day till I had to stop and go for the boy's, now sitting at our daughter's with the older two OH has the younger ones, and looking out the wind has died down and looks quite pleasant, so might get a little more done once I am back home, hope the weather picks up for those with the snow, but keep safe
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Should have said, I bought an anniversary card the other day, while I was out with the dog, then once I was home my OH said remember we said no cards this year , why didn't she mention this earlier, why didn't I remember this
                              So this morning when we got up no card for me but one for her, went out a walk with the dog and while out a flower arrangement was delivered to the OH, again nothing for me, guess who feels terrible about this, and guess who's going to milk this

Comment

• Rary you should do like we do and use the same cards every year
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X